Day 1: June 29 (Monday)

~ Luigi's POV ~

"Wake up, Weegee!" My brother, Mario shakes me awake. I glance at the clock and then glare at Mario.

"Why did you wake me up at 6:30 in the morning?" I groan, slowly getting off my bed.

"Because we have to be at the bus stop by 7," Mario states.

I notice he's not wearing his pajamas anymore and his hair is wet. That must mean he already took a shower. I don't understand why he wakes up so early.

"Okay, I'm up," I stand up and stretch my arms. Then, I walk past my twin brother and into the bathroom we share. As I shower, I try to remember why I'm even going to this stupid summer camp.

Oh, right. Because of Mario. He wanted to go to Camp Tanooki so badly. Our parents eventually gave in to Mario's begging and told him he could go... As long as I went with him. So, now I'm stuck going to some pointless camp with my extrovert of a brother.

I, on the other hand, am an introvert. I'm shy and quite antisocial, which is why I'm dreading going to Camp Tanooki. I'd rather stay at home where I most likely won't have to meet any new people. I don't see why my parents want me to go to the camp with Mario. It's not like he'll be alone there. His personality will get him lots of friends.

Mario always tells me he wants to go to Camp Tanooki to have lots of cool, new experiences. He also tells me he wants to make new friends.

However, I know another reason why Mario wants to go and he hasn't mentioned this reason to me yet... He wants to meet new girls. Mario is rather girl-crazy. He's probably gonna flirt with the "pretty girls" at Camp Tanooki. I really don't understand my brother sometimes. It's hard to believe that he's five minutes older than me.

Anyways, back to Camp Tanooki. There's one thing I know for sure about it- I'll hate it there.

~ Daisy's POV ~

"Did you pack extra shirts?" Mom questions as I eat my breakfast.

"Yes," I reply.

"Daisy, don't talk when there's food in your mouth," Mom sighs. "Did you pack sunscreen?"

"Yeah," I say after swallowing a bite of cereal.

"How about extra underwear?" Mom asks.

"Mom!" I groan, exasperated. "Yes, I did. And you already checked my stuff yesterday, remember?"

"Sorry, I forgot about that," Mom chuckles. Soon, I finish my breakfast and stand up.

"I'll miss you," I hug Mom, knowing I won't see her for eight weeks.

"I'll miss you even more," Mom gives me a sad smile. "I hope you have fun. And call me every week, okay?"

"I will," I promise.

"Well, Peach is here already. You two are walking to the bus stop together," Mom informs me.

"Okay. Bye, Mom," I kiss her on the cheek and then, I go upstairs to get my things. I can't believe I have to walk to the bus stop with Peach.

Peach is my cousin, our moms are sisters. Peach is fifteen and she's about six months older than me. I really don't like her and she doesn't like me either.

Peach is a goody-two-shoes kind of girl. All of the adults she meets love her. She's very ladylike and girly. Plus, Peach gets really good grades at school and gets countless awards for her academic excellence and behavior. And in addition to all of that, she gets showers of compliments about how pretty she is. Practically everyone that meets Peach thinks she's perfect, except for me obviously.