I

On cold and unkind nights in New York like these, Peter Parker, or The Spider-Man often quiet enjoyed his nightly web slinging. Being on top of the world just felt right, especially as he leaned over the edge. He promised himself, that one day he'd actually do it. All of New York would probably erupt in joyus applaus too, but he couldn't yet. Not before his life's mission was slowly crawling to him faster than ever before.

Peter swung to the highest point in the city, holding loosely as he hung from an antenna. His whole life he'd only ever truly known the depth of one emotion; heartbreak. He'd learned to never hold anyone or anything close but his curse would never bring about anything but death. He was almost jealous of those whom he failed because at least they didn't have to see the face of failure every morning. At least they didn't have to live with the fact his selfishness of wanting the affection of those around him cost them their lives. He shook his thoughts from his head.

"Ned," Pete cleared his throat, speaking to the AI he'd put inside his suit. "Find me some punching bags, preferably ones that'll last over five minutes."

"On it!" The voice of a mildly over excitable teenager chirped. "It looks like there might be a robbery just a couple blocks away. Should I set up the coordinates man?"

"Yeah, go ahead and put em through. Thanks Ned."

"No problem."

The directions appeared in front of his eyes right alongside his personal location and vitals. He took liberties as he swung his way there, pulling off a few risky mid air moves. When he arrived overhead he saw seven men in total. Three men in the front of the alley, three men in the back, and the last man that could be accounted for was stood in the middle and was, presumably, the victim. He jumped down.

"Ned, start the five minute countdown."

"On it!"

Working quickly, he took the victim and webbed him up high with a much faster disintegrating version of his normal web fluid. He obviously looked very confused, and he supposed one would be when a kid wearing a black, cobalt, and copper latex suit with a spider emblem on his chest just stuck you to the wall like a piece of gum. But Spider-Man paid no mind to these things as he moved to take out the first person who charged at him.

The Amazing Spider-Man moved from person to person with grace. He swiftly took hits and returned them, webbing every villain to the nearest wall as they went flying. Out of the corner of his eye he could see the victim squirming, his arm, made out of some sort of metal hit the light in just the right way that it was almost distracting. Again, he refused to be phased, throwing a kick extra hard just for the most mild version of revenge he had to offer.

He took a deep breath as the timer went off and looked around. The victim fell straight on his ass. "That's time. It looks like you made it with a little under sixty seconds to spare."

"Yeah, I caught that." Peter grumbled and stood up straight.

"Kid who are you?" The man asked, standing up himself, trying to hide the metal arm behind himself.

"Spider-Man." He answered, checking his shooters over quickly.

"Well then "Spider-Man," thanks for saving my ass just now."

"Yeah, it's no biggie. See ya around, and hopefully on better circumstances." Peter shrugged before swinging away.