Distraction (Niam)

Liam was sitting on his bed in his dorm room trying to study. He had a major biology test tomorrow, and he was trying to cram all sorts of scientific names into his head. It had been going well until half an hour ago, when his roommate Niall had returned from a rugby match. Liam had instantly been distracted.

He tried valiantly to refocus on the lists in his book, but his eyes were continually drawn back to the small blonde boy on the other side of the room. Niall was small for a rugby player, but what he lacked in size he made up for in ferocity, which meant that he was extremely sweaty and worn out when he came back from a match.

Liam shouldn’t have found it attractive, but he did. The blonde’s hair was all messed up, his pale skin was flushed, and he was breathing heavily. He began stripping off once he reached his dresser, and Liam couldn’t help it. His eyes were glued to the lad’s body as it was slowly revealed to him. He glanced back at his book once, but then Niall spoke, and his eyes flashed over to meet the shining blue ones.

“How’s the studying going, Li?” his roommate questioned, and Liam struggled to find his voice.

“Um, it’s…hot, I mean, that is, it’s fine, erm, it’s going fine,” he finished, feeling his face flush crimson with embarrassment.  He just called his roommate hot. Luckily, Niall didn’t seem to have noticed.

“That’s great! I’m gonna go shower. See you in a bit!” Niall told him cheerfully as he grabbed his towel and exited the room wearing nothing but his boxers. Once the door shut behind him, and his delectable arse was out of sight, Liam let out a sigh of relief, pretending he didn’t suddenly have a boner. He went back to studying, determined to keep Niall out of his mind.

Fifteen minutes later, Niall returned, dripping slightly, with his towel wrapped so low around his waist that Liam had an excellent view of his abs and v lines. Liam pretended to cough as he wiped the slight bit of drool off his chin in embarrassment, praying Niall hadn’t noticed. But, as usual, Niall was oblivious.

Liam wanted to protest as Niall got dressed, but he just stared at his book, desperately trying to think of anything biology related. To his dismay when he turned the page, he found the chapter on the reproductive cycle. Now, normally, he wouldn’t mind at all, but he read the word “sex” on the page, and his eyes immediately went back to Niall, imagining the things he wanted to do to that boy.

Nice, charming, oblivious Niall, who was now sitting on his bed eating a banana and reading some sports magazine. Liam tried not to look, but he was taking such huge bites, and he could fit so much in his mouth at once. It did nothing for the uncomfortable situation in his pants.

After he finished his banana, he got a yogurt. He licked the spoon clean after each mouthful, and Liam had never wanted someone so much. It was like Niall knew he was driving Liam crazy, and finally he couldn’t take it anymore.

“WILL YOU STOP THAT?” He yelled, feeling a little bit bad as Niall jumped in shock.

“Sorry, sorry, what did I do?” Niall looked around frantically, searching for something he had done wrong to elicit such a reaction from his normally calm roommate. Liam felt worse.

“I—nothing really, never mind—it’s my fault. I just can’t concentrate properly,” he mumbled, hoping Niall wouldn’t be mad at him. Niall came and sat on the edge of Liam’s bed.

“Ah. Sorry. Was I distracting you from,” he glanced at the book, “biology?”

“Sort of,” Liam mumbled, not wanting to explain to Niall exactly why he was a distraction.

“Hmm. Perhaps you need a study break?” Niall suggested, tugging Liam’s book from his lap. Liam tried to hold onto it, but Niall won the battle, and Liam turned red again, praying Niall wouldn’t notice his little problem. But Niall did. His eyes widened, and then he grinned at Liam.

“Ohhh, so I’m THAT kind of distraction,” he said, sounding pleased with himself.

“Look, I’m sorry—l” Liam began, but Niall put a finger to his lips.

“It’s ok, Liam. I think you’re distracting too,” he said with a smile.

“Well, in that case…” Liam sat up, tossing his notebook to the floor. He grabbed Niall and flipped them so he hovered over the blonde boy. Niall looked stunned. Liam leaned down to kiss him, hard, and it only took Niall a moment to respond. The kiss quickly grew heated and Liam took a break to suck a love bite onto Niall’s neck just below his ear.

“You up for a study break?” he whispered as he bit Niall’s earlobe. Niall whined in response, nodding as fast as he could. Liam smirked and pulled the boy’s shirt over his head.

*****************

Niall pulled Liam down next to him, resting his head on the brunette’s chest. He absent-mindedly ran his fingers over Liam’s chest as he struggled to stay awake. As they drifted off to sleep, Niall heard Liam whisper, “best distraction ever,” and he couldn’t help but agree.