Intro

This is my first story, and I'm not quite sure where it's leading yet, but that's the fun part of it. I'm a busy person so there might be gaps of time between the publishing of chapters. Please no bad comments and know that I'm just writing this for fun whether it is received well by all of you as my audience or not.

***********************************************************************************

I don't remember much from last night just bright lights and loud noises. It must have been a pretty crazy party involving one or two too many drinks. I must have slept in because now everyone is... gone. Even my best friend who was supposed to be my ride home hours ago. Oh well, it's only a few blocks walk through the shallower part of the woods. I don't understand what kind of pain I have in my head. It doesn't feel like a hangover or injury, yet I feel a little dizzy and like something isn't exactly right. When I stand it's as if I were weightless and a thousand pounds at the same time. I try to remember anything from this week, but my brain keeps drawing a blank, I know it was like the fourth party I've snuck out to and the last for a while if my parents get their way. Mom will be extremely mad and dad will give me a nother "how you should be living your life lecture", but I'll deal with them in a little bit.

When I first woke up I felt almost normal, but now everything seems to be getting more and more strange as I walk home from the old abandoned "haunted" house I can already see my mom from a block away. She's weeping in the front yard as a man tells her something. I scream out that I'm right here and just fine lightheartedly. Her eyes fill with hope as she turns appearing to hear my voice, but never once looking directly at my face. Even as I was standing directly in front of her; She continued to act as if I were invisible. I figured that she would be pretty mad, but this was starting to go to the extreme. I go to hug her and instead I simply pass by her with the wind. I know she felt some part of my attempt to embrace her because she just started to weep harder and repeatedly whisper my name ever so softly.

I run back into the forest that surrounds the neighborhood unable to understand anything that's happening right now. As I turn back to look at my mother I realize the man is a police officer. I shudder now even more confused as to what happened last night. I hear her wail out my name in deep sorrow as my mind begins to race faster and faster. Making that dizzy sensation from earlier return with double the strength. What happened last night... why can't anyone hear or see me... and why don't I remember anything? I know I didn't drink that much last night. I know I must be awake. Something like this could never happen in my sleep, not even in my worst of nightmares. I turn and start walking away from my house, but i'm not heading in any certain direction. Rather I'm just wandering aimlessly deeper and deeper into the forest that I have always called my true home. A place where I feel I can never be lost, but rather always be found. My heart races more and more until I'm almost certain it could beat right out of my chest. Taking deep breaths I begin to think again.

"I don't have any kind of hangover, so I must be dead or something." I laugh to myself, then shudder thinking back through four of those last words. "I must be dead.... Am I Alive?"