chapter 1

"Seriously we just got to town dean and your already leaving what we came here for to go to the bar and have some one night stand!", John yelled at dean.

"I just need a break from this and its just one night whats the big deal!" Dean screamed back

The two had heaps of fights in there time it was rare that they werent trying to rip eachothers heads off spending so much time together made them go insane and since sam left so he could stay at one place and go to a good school, things have just gotten worse.

"Then youll come back tomorrow hung over or still drunk and wont be able to help like always youll just tag along just to meet some different girls!" John yelled back anger rattling through every word.

"Wow if you think that low of me why dont you just leave me here" Dean says and turns around and slams the door behind him.

Dean walked over to his car, opening the door with care despite the anger he was feeling. He sat down on the leather seat and closed the door whilst starting the engine.

He sat there in silence for a moment, head up eyes closed. "I really do love you baby" Dean exclaimed with a small snicker to his car.

Opening his eyes again he saw the time '9:27pm' it was still early for Dean but no point in waiting. He drove off fast but steadily from the crappy apartment blocks at where they were staying.

He scowered the town till he found this bar on the outskirts of town despite that it still looked busy. 'JOEYS BAR' was writing in red led lights above the door. Dean pushed his hair back with his hand before walking to the bar.

He confidently sat down at the bar and ordered two tequila shots, tapping the table with his finger tips as he waited thinking of the conversation him and his father had just had. Dean did love hunting but as he got older he also realised he wanted a life, like one with a family mainly with someone who loved him... and who he loved. But with the 'family business' being his destiny he knew that was impossible.

The sound of two shots being slid across he bench to him made him snap out of his thoughts. He nodded to the bartender and the bartender just rolled her eyes.

Deans eyes scanned the bar for someone to give one of his shots too. But strangely no one seemed right so dean chucked both down his throat and ordered a beer to sit with after as his night looked like it had a very boring end to it.

The bartender quickly after slid his beer over to him, dean didnt bother to nod this time his mood was as low as it was when he was in that apartment with his dad which is not what he had come here for.

The next few hours were a bit of a blur of ordering drinks and sitting there mopping watching people come and go all night. Eventually at around 12am he decided to leave.

Instead of going to his car he went to the side of the building and sat against it. For a while it was silent then he noticed the warm tear drip down his face. He quickly wiped it away and discarded it with anger.

"Hey are you okay?" A kind looking guy with striking blue eyes came around the corner, concern written all over his face.

Dean starred at him confused from how drunk he was but unlike how he wasnt interested in any of the girls in the bar for some reason he was attracted to him. He quickly looked away and told himself hes just drunk.

He attempted to get up but his arms fell from under him and he fell back to the ground. The guy ran over.

"Your not okay youve gotten yourself drunk" he said whilst putting out his hands to help dean up. Dean stumbled to his feet but once he was up he stood starring into the bright blue eyes of this mysterious man he had just met.

"Whats you name?" Dean slurred out.

"Castiel, yours" he replied starring back into deans eyes.

"Casti... castle thats a weird name. Im-im gunna call you cas" he said slur making his voice make no sense

"Its Castiel..." castiel replied back but to late before dean started walking away with a wobble in every step he took.

"Hey where are you going?" Cas yelled out after him. When he got no reply he ran to catch up to him and walked beside him to an unknown destination.

They walked silently cas reaching out and catching dean before he would trip many times. Eventually they had made there way out of the car park of the bar and down the side of the road till dean headed towards a black 1967 Chevrolet Impala.

"Baby im back" dean said hitting the front of the car with his hand. He pulled out the keys and cas quickly ran up to him and stopped him from sitting in the drivers seat.

"Your drunk you shouldnt drive!" Cas exclaims wide eyed.

"Itll be fine wouldnt be the first time" dean says trying to push past castiel but cas stood his ground.

"Look let me drive" cas insisted trying anything to get him not to do this for some reason he cared about this guy and did not want him getting hurt.

Dean starred at him eyes slightly squinted still he sighed and slammed the keys into castiels hands making cas jump a little as he didnt expect it. Dean stumbled over to the passangers seat and sat down.

Cas got in the drivers seat and everything was silent.

"So where are we going?" Cas said looking over noticing that dean was asleep. He couldnt help but notice how good he looked when he slept well when he didnt look wasted drunk more like it.

Castiel sat there wondering, should he leave but they were in a bad part of town and he still felt a need to protect him. He sighed and slipped into a more comfortable position in the seat and starred out the window.

Couples stood wasted and kissing and others alone stumbling away. He sighed knowing that if this guy hadnt of been there he would have been stumbling away like that too. Snapping out of what would have happened cas looked back over at the guy. His license lay on the dashboard. He couldnt help but grab it to learn his name.

'Dean Winchester' the license read. For some reason the name made him smile and he looked back over at dean.

"Well i hope we can be friends after all this cause i need someone" he said with a little sad smile.

He continued to read the license finding out they were about the same age dean just a few months older then him.

He put the license back down and leaned back into the drivers seat of the car closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep

He woke up hours later. The sun had rose and he hadnt realised he had fell asleep. He quickly turned to see if dean was still there luckily he was just as he had been when he had fell asleep.

Letting go of the breathe he hadnt realised be had held he relaxed and smiled. He went to open the door to leave when.

"Dont leave" dean said.

Awkwardly cas looked back over dean wasnt asleep just lying there. His messy bed hair making his heart jump unsuspectedly.

"I remember bits and pieces of last night but i mean unless you were drunk to i was hoping you could fill me in" dean awkwardly laughed.

——————————————
Word count : 1326
Read count : 0
Published : Friday 8th June 2018