Half-Blood Prince

Fifth year some how ended with little events. Besides the twins going out with a bang during their O.W.L.S test. Severus survived the pink-pocolips that his classroom went through. During the summer Harry and Draco spent a lot of time that summer with Albus for their father's where called away quiet a bit during that time.

Harry was growing increasingly worried for his father. After every meeting he came to Hogwarts to collect him, he noticed the man was always tired and looked drained. Hell, even sometimes he had to stop at poppy's to recover before they went home. He was starting to get really worried. One day Harry woke up and found that Severus was called away sometime during the night. Harry took it upon himself to make a small breakfast for him when he returned. Whenever he returned that is.

Harry was sitting on the chair in the living room when the fireplace roared to life and Severus cam stumbling out of it. Unlike with his usual grace, he fell to the floor and looked as if he didn't have the strength to get back up. I hurt Harry for him to see the man like that. He slowly crept off the couch and sat on the floor next to him. Severus turned his head to him and looked at him. He noticed the man's eyes were darker than normal, they where carrying a certain weight in them now. A weight of tiredness.

"Harry," he said barely above a whisper. His voice sounded so broken, so tired, so... done. Harry's heart couldn't take anymore. His eyes filled with tears and he threw his arms around his father's shoulders. Severus reciprocated the action and they sat like that for a while. Just with Harry crying in his chest. Eventually he said, "I'm worried about you," Harry whispered.

"I know you are. That's why I'm done with it."

"W-what?" Harry stampeded out as he looked at his father.

"I said I'm done with it. I talked to Albus before I came here and I told him I wasn't doing it anymore. I can see the hurt it causes you and I don't even know how much more I can take," Severus told him. He eventually found his strength again and walked over tot he couch where he collapsed down on it and Harry sat right next to him. 

"S-so your done now? W-what about V-The Dark Lord? Won't he try something?" he asked nervously.

"He will cause pain through the mark but I have a way around it," he said as he lifted up his sleeve and showed Harry a sliver band just above the mark on his forearm, "this will subdue the pain. It won't get rid of it completely but it will make it bearable. And we will also be going to Hogwarts for the rest of the summer."

"Why?"

"Because like you said, he may have one of his followers try something. And as much protection I have on this house, if they really tried to get in they could. Hogwarts is the most protected place we can stay," he told his son. So together they made there way upstairs and packed their things. Harry didn't know if they would return here again. But, he had to say he was glad to know his father will be home and not risk getting killed all the time. But the pain with the mark would still be a problem, but his father said the band would make the pain bearable so that was something that on the plus side.

Once the two where finished Severus rushed his boy in to the floo and off they went to Severus quarters that are at Hogwarts. Upon stepping out of the fireplace, Harry felt the same magical sense wash over him. He always did love the castle, ever since he first stepped foot in it. Harry went to his room and began to put his things away. Soon his father joined him.

"You okay? I know I kind of just sprung it on you that we had to leave and I wa-"

"It's fine dad. I get it and I don't mind being here. Especially if it means you can be a little bit safer as well," he said as he turned and faced him. Severus gave him a small smile in return and wrapped an arm around his shoulder.