Chapter 3 - Error_CodeMissing

Notes:
- Contains swearing
- 2397 words

Setting: Underswap
Trigger Warnings: Panic attack, brief hints at past abuse/self-harm.
__________________

The sudden, swirling blast of wind forced Papyrus to the ground, taking a few points off of his HP. He groaned, shielding his face as the snow storm seemed to be getting worse. The weird laughter of the child he thought he recognised echoed in his skull so loud he couldn't call out for help. A minute felt like an eternity, and the next 60 seconds felt like hell. It was only then that the skeleton felt a bony hand wrap around his wrists and yank them away from his face, and pull him out of the tornado circling him. From the strong force of wind and harsh pelting of snow to the quiet and cold air, Papyrus felt faint. His HP had been drained the longer he was in there, and it wasn't too high to begin with. Still feeling the grip on his arms, Papyrus' legs gave up, his knees buckling under him and his head hanging low, breathing heavy and unsynchronized. His hands were still held up, and he tried to thank the monster holding him, the monster who saved him.
"Th...thank....thank you" He breathed, wheezing and coughing.
"B...Boss?" He heard a panicked voice from above him. Papyrus lifted his gaze, and his sockets met red ones. The monster let go of Papyrus' arms and backed away.
"S...Sans?" Papyrus asked, equally confused. It was only then that his sockets widened.
"Sans..." He mumbled, he spun around to try and find his brother, only to see the once hell hole gone, the remainder of snow gently falling with no hint of a breeze in the air. He felt angry. He felt confused. He felt conflicted. Papyrus turned to the other skeleton, noticing his fear.
"Where is my brother? What did you do to him?" He asked, trying to stand up. The monster simply backed away, backing into the wall of the Librarby. "Why do you look like him?" Papyrus continued, managing to catch his balance and standing to his full height, concern for his brother evident in his mind, Chara's laughter had died as soon as he was pulled out of whatever had surrounded him and Sans.
"I...I don't-" He started.
"Where is Sans?" Papyrus asked, his tone harsher as he approached the monster. "Why do you look like him?"
"Who are you?" The monster asked, scanning Papyrus up and down. "You're...You're not Boss, why do YOU look like HIM?" The stranger demanded, seeming to have found some lost confidence. Papyrus ignored his question, not really processing it. He stepped forward once more, and it was then that he noticed a glimmer in the others' hand. It registered in Papyrus' mind that it was a bone and pieced together the attack that was coming just as he attacked. Summoning his own bone, he raised his arm in front of him, gripping the 'handle' tight, clashing weapons with the other in defence, effectively pinning him against the wall. Papyrus growled, staring down the monster - while the Sans look-a-like had fear cross his flared sockets. They scanned frantically for an escape before he closed his sockets tight, gasping for breath and stepping back quickly. Papyrus watched, almost amused at the way they were swallowed by the wall.
He could relocate.
He'd use them from time to time, but he'd never seen anyone else use them. Not thinking it through, he practically ran into the wall - perusing the stranger. Papyrus opened his sockets and felt the burn as he did so. Managing to not let it consume his skull, he rubbed his eyes and could see the black, shadowed version of the Sans look-a-like about to escape. Leaning forward, he grabbed onto something around his neck and yanked him back into the portal, forcing them to turn to face him. Papyrus knew he looked the same, a shadowed black figure, but the expression on the other monsters face was confused, and after they opened their eyes, terrified. 'I guess he doesn't know anyone who can use relocations either' Papyrus thought to himself, careful to hold his breath. The other seemed to gasp, clawing at Papyrus' hands, seemingly trying to gasp for breath, however his grip only tightened. The taller skeleton realized he must have let out his breath before being yanked back in, unable to take another. Running out of air himself, Papyrus thought of a place they could be alone, that the stranger couldn't escape from, and somewhere that he could question them. He turned and dragged the other monster deeper into the portal momentarily, feeling their struggles become more futile and weak - his hands stop clawing at Papyrus', Papyrus hurried and made a quick left, finding the exit and quickly closing his eyes while walking through it, dragging the other through with him.