Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Jamie walked down to the park. She had been standing right by Nicole’s side listening to her brag and complain for the past two years… but it hadn’t all been for nothing. Nicole had made Jamie popular, which was more than she had bargained for. She walked up to a swing and started to swing back and forth as she waited for Samantha to arrive.

A black truck pulled up into the parking lot and a tall girl with red straight hair walked out.

Samantha.

The girl that had started this whole mess to begin with was now here. No one ever talked about the past fights between used-to-be-best-friends Nicole and Samantha. But since Jamie was asked and paid to hang out with Nicole for two whole years, she had heard it all.

Samantha and Nicole had become friends in kindergarten. They never really cared about fashion or popularity. That was until seventh grade when the most popular kids at school found out that Nicole’s dad was dating former-model Jenna Kay. All the girls and boys went bizarre. The girls wanted to become models and famous and the boys only saw the word model in the picture. Nicole was always a pretty, well-known girl, but having a former-model as a stepmom pushed Samantha further and further away. Nicole started to model and Samantha stuck with school. Nicole got invited to parties and Samantha stayed at home with no invitations to any of them. Then came the day when Ryan left…

Samantha instantly saw what Nicole’s weakness was… her family. She used everything she could to get her friendship back but in the wrong way. Samantha started rumors about why Ryan had left and blamed them all on Nicole’s new friends, which included Trish. That’s how Jamie knew exactly which buttons to push of Nicole’s. Samantha kept trying to convince Nicole that her new friends made up the rumors, but Nicole defended them. Then Samantha burst and told Nicole how she had been the one that started the rumors. Samantha said that she just wanted Nicole back as her best friend and that she was jealous of her.

For Nicole, it was too late to forgive anyone. Her former best friend had betrayed her and now she couldn’t ever forgive her. Samantha was dirt to her.

That’s when Samantha felt ditched; replaced by the pricks and taken by the losers. She started to envy Nicole more and more each day. She did everything that Nicole did and tried to act like she was the better girl. Well, she wasn’t. Nicole never did a thing wrong to her until Samantha went after Trish too. Nicole stood up for her new bestie and Samantha was basically the most hated bitch in the school. Scratch that, she was the most hated bitch in the school.

Samantha had been the one that made up those rumors about Jack using Nicole for sex, which lead Jack to use Trish to get Nicole back. Who ever thought that one little rumor could cause a whole lifetime of drama, lies, breakups and makeups, drama, drama, drama, and DRAMA? Samantha didn’t expect it, but she didn’t mind it. And she most certainly didn’t feel guilty about it.

“Jamie?” Samantha started to walk over to the swings.

Jamie instantly tensed up. Having Samantha say your name was like talking to the devil… Okay, it was talking to the devil.

“Did you do what I asked you to do?” Samantha puckered her lips.

Jamie’s hands began to shake. Samantha was the boss of this little game… she owned it and created it. “Yes,” she swallowed.

“And,” Samantha stubbornly waited.

“She cried. She’s still at Trish’s—”

“Don’t say her name!” Samantha snapped. “God I hate that bitch!”

“Okay, okay. She’s still at… the house,” Jamie waved her fingers.

“Better,” Samantha took a set on a nearby swing.