Chapter 1

Okay so this is my second story. I stopped my first one because I really didn't know where I was going with it and just didn't really like it all that much. So here is my new one. Enjoy!

LILY'S POV

I come home from my last day of school, or half-day really. I get a jar of jiff peanut butter and hop on the counter with my spoon already digging  into the jar. God, how I love peanut butter.

 My mom walks in right at that moment singing "Wrecking ball." She's actually really good and about to go on tour with some other women who can also sing. My dad, on the other hand, is going on tour with some guys. I'm not positive with the details considering I haven't talked to him in six months. My mom says it will be just fine. They talk regularly, divorced or not.

"Mom."

"Yes." She’s annoyed because I interrupted her singing, she'll get over it though.

"When do I have to be at the airport?" I ask, she never told me.

"Um...," she checks her phone. "Shit. Grab your bags and get in the car. Now."

She was never really the best at being on time for anything, or being there in the first place.

She rushes to the front door mumbling about how 'Dad would have killed her if I missed the flight' and how 'he would say it was on purpose.'

That's the Bordelon  family problem: We're definite mumblers.

I grab my small carry-on that I packed yesterday afternoon and sprint to the car. The whole ride I'm coaching my mom's driving. The last thing I need is to get on dad's bad side, especially after 6 months of silence. We finally get to the airport and I'm going through the whole place getting my bags checked and etc. My mom isn't coming with me so I'm on the plane, alone.

It's honestly a little sad knowing that the people who made you out of love no longer love each other.

Okay this is definitely is going to be the shortest chapter out of the whole book. I’m sorry it sucks but I’m working on the second chapter and its so much better and longer so just hang in there guys.