Chapter 3

Hangover.

Check.

Dignity.

Check.

Car keys.

Where the hell are my car keys!!!??? I rummage through my oversized bag - that could probably hold a small child - only to be disappointed.

I don't have time for this, I mumble to myself. I run downstairs to the nearest bus stop, 50 feet away. Just as I'm almost there, I feel something jiggle in my pocket. Reaching inside I pull out my bundle of keys.

This would happen.

Instead of running back to my apartment or the bus infront of me, I decide to hail the cab driving past.

"Galisteo, please."

By the time I reach the studio (or should I say Asgård) I'm already a half hour late.

This is the first time I've ever been late for anything and today was not the best day for it to happen.

"Where the hell have you been? Don't you know what today is, Chels?"

Nice of you to return to work Blake. Oh wait, just so you know I did YOUR job yesterday.

"Let me see, today is the battle in Jotunheim?" I say sarcastically. Am I the only one who knows what this film is actually about?

Blake stares at me like an idiot. "I'm joking dude. I know today is Thor & Loki's big fight scene. Calm yo tits."

Did I just say 'calm yo tits?'

It's official, I've been living with Sam way too long.

"I'm going to pretend you didn't just speak like a wannabe ganster for the sake of the quality of this film. Now hurry up, we need to make sure all props work & are on set."

For some reason, this week I got stuck with Blake on props duty. Usually I'm shadowing a producer or helping with the extras but no, I'm doing costume design and props.

We have a giant cart for everything needed for the scene; Thor's mjolnir, Loki's helm and spear, Heimdal's spear for the rainbow bridge scene, everything.

The studio space was filled with Loki and Thor extras and the people responsible for the safety of the shoot. Kenneth Branagh is talking to Tom and Chris, they must be going over the scene.

Blake and I set up out gear, Idris Elba in full Heimdal costume comes over for his prop. "We're shooting the rainbow bridge scene first."

I admit, the first time I heard Idris speak, I was blown away because he has an English accent. He's a sweetheart though. "Chelsea, dear, how are you liking the movie business?" he asks.

"It's surreal and a dream to be here. I am in awe of everything." He smiles before walking to his post on the green screen platform.

"Tom need his helm and magic stick, Chels. I'll take care of Chris, you have Tom. Can you handle that? You know how to put on the helm & stuff?"

I wanted to slap Blake in the face for assuming I was stupid. "Of course, I did your and my job yesterday." I snark back at him. He doesn't say a thing.

I grab the helm and spear and climb up on the pretend Rainbow bridge, which is basically a green platform, to assemble Tom's headpiece.

"Almost thought you weren't going to make it," he whispered in my ear while I'm fitting the bottom of his horned helm. I smile a little bit and see Chris behind Tom, also smiling.

"There! All set." I say as I jump off the platform, landing on my feet.

I should be stunt double. How cool would that be?

I stand behind Kenneth Branagh watching the shot begin. This is the first time in the film's shooting that you see the dark side of Loki, after discovering he is a frost giant. It's quite an emotional scene to watch, the tension between brothers. Chris and Tom are just marvelous.

"Cut! That was fantastic guys, Tom, I need you to get ready for the Frost Giant scene please, the one with Idris." I follow Tom to the make-up trailer so I can gather this helm.

"How did you sleep last night?" He asks as he hands me his magic stick. "Once I hit the bed, I was out. Thanks for everything, you're very kind." We get to the trailer and he sits down in the chair, waiting for the make-up artist to come in.

I begin taking off his helm when he begins mumbling. "This is my last scene tonight," he pauses his words as he avoids eye contact. "Wrapping early tonight? Have anything fun planned after?" I casually ask, trying to fill the awkward silence.

Tom sighs, relaxing his shoulders, "Well....I was hoping, maybe, you would join me tonight for dinner?" I lift up the top of the helm without patting down his hair, pulling some of it as I take it off. "Ow!" he belts out all proper and what not.

"Sorry, I'm so sorry!" I say, fixing his hair quickly. He grabs my hands away from his hair and looks into my eyes. "So, tonight? Would you accompany me to dinner?" Just as I'm about to answer, Mel the make-up artist walks in. I look at Tom, smiling as I leave the trailer. I grab my phone from my pocket, texting him my answer. Yes.

I'll pick you up at 8.

I look at my watch, it's 6pm. I rush to Blake, giving him Loki's props. "I gotta jet, see you Monday!" I run to the cab parked in the lot.

Once I get home, I run to Sam's room, "I need you to help me find something to wear for tonight." She looks at me, eyes wide and a smile a mile long. "You have a date don't you?!"

I roll my eyes with a warm smile.

"Well yes, yes I do."