Prologue: Before the Storm

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."

~ Confucius

Amanda

When Nina and I were little girls our understanding of revenge was as simple as the Sunday school proverbs it hid behind. Neat little morality slogans like "do unto others" and "two wrongs don't make a right."

But two wrongs can never make a right because two wrongs can never equal each other.

For the truly wronged real satisfaction can only be found in one of two places...

Absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication.

This is not a story about forgiveness.

»»────────── ⚜ ──────────««

Nina

Labor day weekend in the Southern Hamptons here I was with my sister standing near a luxurious ice sculpture. It was Amanda's or Emily's engagement party with the cliche theme of Fire and Ice.

"Emily!" Emily quickly wiped off the sand from her hand and turned to the woman as I continued to observe the sculpture.

"I've been looking for you. Where's Daniel?" She asks and Emily looks towards the beach before looking back to our friend.

"Uh, he's walking the beach. We're having a thing." at Emily's response our friend rolled her eyes.

"Same thing or different thing?" Smiling at the two of them I join in the conversation.

"Don't you worry about them, its always the same thing." Emily gives me a smile as I nudge her.

"Don't worry. He's right behind me." Emily reassured our friend who shook her head and gave a smile of relief.

"If my job to worry. Your job is to enjoy yourself. It's your engagement party!" She rubbed Emily's arm as Emily gave our friend a smile. Soon she walked away to search for Daniel. Spotting Nolan, a mutual friend of ours he gives us a wave as I grab Emily's hand and walk towards him.

"Nice night for it," Nolan called out as I rolled my eyes.

"Nice night for what, Nolan?" Emily asks as he gave us a shrug and smile.

"Celebrating"

Leaning over his table I inch closer, "You shouldn't be here Nolan, you should be with Jack."

Nolan laughs sarcastically, "That makes two of us

Nolan laughs sarcastically, "That makes two of us." With his response, I give him a glare as someone calls out to Emily. She walks towards the woman leaving me and Nolan alone.

"You know very well why I can't," I mutter to him before walking back into the crowd.

»»────────── ⚜ ──────────««

Heres the first official chapter of my revenge fanfic I can't wait to write more and I hope you all enjoy it!!

BYE!~