Glossary

Ancient

[Ān-t-shənt]

The first few vampires to be born.

NOTE: The oldest vampire is Ain Callo.

Adahy

[Ah-dah-hē]

An ex-member of the nomad werewolf pack known as the Sarravin Tribe. 

Arvelin

[Are-veh-lin]

The resting place of the souls of the dead. It is split into three sections splitting those who have done great good in their lives, those who have done foul dark deeds in their lives, and those who are in between. 

Cala

[kah-lah]

God of Death

Calavein 

[kah-lah-vain]

Capitol city of the Kingdom of Valo named after the death god and life god. It is located at the edge of the Echo Mist Mountains and reaches out into the Howl Forest. 

COMPASS

[Cum-pass]

An acronym that stands for Central Organization Maintaining Peace And Supernatural Secrecy. It's run by hunters and has four main associations and four minor associations where hunters can meet and get their next orders. 

NOTE: The associations are named after the points found on a compass.

Dhampir

[Dam-purr]

A species created from the union between a vampire and a non-vamper. Their abilities and strengths change depending on species and when the vampyric DNA was introduced into the bloodline.

NOTE: Any non-vamper that has vampyric DNA running through their veins is considered a damphir.

Demons

[dee-mons]

Demons are created through an infection at this point though the origin is unknown. This occurs when the corrupted demon soul overcomes that of it's host.They carry great magical energies and physical strength and the higher the demon the stronger it is. All demons suffer from obsession and with in their obsession often lies their weakness.

Elder

[Eldər]

An vampire who has survived for a very long time. How long one must live to become an Elder is unknown.

NOTE: Cala's favorites may receive blessings or abilities. 

Fallen

[Fah-len]

A nephilim who has merged with the soul of a demon. Their wings have darkened in color and their abilities and nature becomes more volatile. While they maintain the ability to sense emotions their healing abilities become shadow abilities that causes harm.  

Fledgling

[flej-ling]

A non-vamper who has consumed vampyric blood on multiple occasions. Symptoms include a pronounced increase in strength and a dulling in physical and emotional feeling. Vampric blood can be addictive and is fast acting. Prolonged usage may lead to nasty side effects like discoloration of the eyes and skin, a sensitivity to light and noise,an increased chance of depression, and an early death.