Prolouge

"I doesn't take much to destroy a world. And with the power of a god it's even easier." - Waylo God of Time and Passage

Not many people get to say that their death was the start of a myth. Her myth started out with Rulen the god of the moon falling in love with a soft glowing frail woman named Sarrayel. She lived deep in the woods of Valo and was favored by the wolves who roamed there. It was a full moon when a tragic event occurred, Sarrayel was wounded by a hunter when she was attempting to save the life of one of her beloved wolves.

The wolf unable to save Sarrayel and unable to speak to man released the very first howl to the moon calling to Rulen. The moon soon found her sprawled out on the ground with life blood seeping from her chest and weeped at the sight. Unable to save Sarrayel he sat by her side as she grew cold. Broken Rulen cried out for her and soon Cala came to collect the soul of Sarrayel. Defeated the moon begged and bartered with Cala, but death was adamant that he had to bring a whole soul to Arvelin the resting place of souls. That's when the moon wailed.

"Beloved Cala take half of mine. Hated Cala take half of hers." Death couldn't agree to the moons request because a body will soon decay with out a full soul to retain it. That is when the ever loyal wolf saved by Sarrayel's action stepped forward and howled once more.

"Peaceful Cala I will share mine. Vengeful Cala they can each have half." Death still wanted to refuse for splitting souls was dangerous. It would cost Rulen more than he thought. But, Rulen was desperate with one last plea he granted Death himself.

"Dark Cala take the moon let it reflect the cycle of my life. Light Cala give me the reason I can shine in the dark." And thus Cala, granted the Moons wish. Dear Cala the god of death then took the moon from the moon himself and gave him the light he needed. With this the first mated werewolves were born and the cycle of the moon began.

Sarrayel found the whole thing to be filled with a half truths and sappy romance worthy of one of the goddess of romance's plays. While she was killed in the woods it wasn't by the hands of a hunter and she wasn't trying to save the life of one of her wolves. She was the one being chased, the one in danger. And whomever or whatever it was concealed themself in so much darkness miasma even that it was absolutely terrifying.

And in each new life those memories carried with her. While Rulen's memories never awakened until she found him. And Sarrayel always found him. And she was always killed by the same creature. Resetting the cycle. It wasn't until her third life after her that she started to search for answers. She knew that what ever it was, it was painted in darkness and the gods were unaware. After dying twice, both times painful and tragic by the claws of something she knew was well hidden, and unknown it was time for her to take action. To weave some plans into place no matter how many lifetimes it would take.

That's why during one late evening of her third life she sat in a creaking wooden stool in the Crooked Tap laying on the outskirts of their small town of Ashlock. In this life time she was a young man named Jel Calloway son of the werewolf and Duke Kal and the noble lady Salay Calloway a distant relative of the Royal Callo family. Food was scarce in recent times due to a drought enough so that even the nobles were going hungry.

There been rumors of bandits called the 'Crick' roaming in the area. Jel was sure they were up to no good. Alas that was not why she was here. Or perhaps he considering her current anatomy. But that was besides the point. He or she was waiting for her half brother on his mothers side. A result of one of Salay's dalliances of her younger human years and probably the reason she was out here in the middle of no where.

Aylin Calloway slid into the bar with out a word. But even a quiet entrance, couldn't stop all the eyes that turned towards him. He had all the features of someone from one of the kingdoms from the east. Except instead of dark hair and skin of caramel Aylin had pale skin and white silver hair pulled up into a clean tie on top his head. His presence was an odd contrast to this shabby little tavern lit dimly by dying glow stones.

Aylin's hair fluttered along with the tail ends of his blind fold as he expertly dodged grabby hands, as he made his way towards me. Aylin frowned as the stool across the table from him creaked under his weight.

Aylin leaned back against the wall before crossing his arms.

"What is it that you need Jel?"

"You're good with your knives and sword right?"

"As is all 'Children of Zaylen,' Jel. We tend to be undesirables and only hirable as mercenaries."

Jel wasn't sure how to react. Aylin just told him he had no family. He didn't know that Jel was his half brother.

"May the God Zaylen guide you well, then."

Aylin nodded his head in a show of acknowledgment.

"What kind of assistance do you acquire Jel" he asked.

I turned to him knowing full well the growing scope of knowledge of the supernatural and that it was one of 'its' plans. I also knew the law of Vein shared among all unhuman's alike.

When my first creations share a widespread knowledge of those who came next. My job as the goddess of life will be reversed and I shall be known as Neiv the end of life. You shall not know Cala. You shall not know Waylo. Just Neiv.

It was a threat directed at the world of the unhuman's one that held no governance. No way to protect and keep their secrets. We needed an organization.

"I would like your help in creating an organzation I called C.O.M.P.A.S.S. or the Central Organization Maintaining Peace And Supernatural Secrecy."

That was the start of my adventure across life times. But, now the rest of my story resides in the lives of Zevi, Adahy, Elisha, and Theo.