Chapter 2 - Trauma

Darkness, it engulfs my surroundings, a pitch black room with no visibility, i was trapped, i was isolated, as if nothing exist in this space of reality, until a speck of light emerges, illuminating a white door, i opened it, hoping to find a way out, but what lies beyond is nothing short of a nightmare.

Bodies, Hundreds, no, Thousands of them piling up, each of them has been dismembered in some way, headless, gutted, mutilated, i set my foot down and stepped carefully amongs them, gazing over the grotesque spectacle that is served around me, then my eyes caught something, a computer desk, sitting in the middle of these rotting corpses, with a man sitting on it, i carefully approached the figure, taking each step with careful consideration, trying not to alert the him, but i miscalculated my step and landed on a femur bone, cracking it in half and alerting the man, he turns around, revealing a white mask on his face, the same one from before, i was petrified, i tried to run but my body won't move an inch, the masked man got up and slowly approach me, staring directly at my eyes, he pulls out a knife, and began pushing it slowly into my abdomen, i screamed as hard as i can, leaping out of the bed, and into the floor.

"It was, a dream ?", i look around, making sure that i was back to reality, "I felt that fall, so it must be, right ?", before i can assure myself, someone opens the curtain, a Russian girl with scars running across her face, "Are you okay ?", she said to me, "Yeah, i was just, having some nightmares", i replied, "Still traumatized by that incident i see" she replied while writing something on her paper, "I suppose, it wasn't exactly something that i could just forget in a day" i replied, "Well if you're feeling better, Gustav wants to see you, head up to the barracks and find him on room 13" she replied before closing the curtain and leaving, i got up and sat on the bed, still thinking about the nightmare that i just had, but then i decided to suppress that thought for now and walk out of the infirmary.

I started walking towards the barracks, constantly checking for any sign of Doc, i then stop at a room with the number "13" nailed into its door frame, "He should be here" i said to myself before opening the door, and there he was, the same guy who saved my ass twice, "One of the nurse said you wanted to see me ?" i said to him. "Quelle ?, we don't have nurses around here, i assume you are talking about Lera" he replied while pulling out a chair in front of me. "Maybe, i'm not familiar with the rest of the team yet, sorry". "Its okay, i'll introduce you to them later, for now, please take a seat". i sat on the chair, leaning forward,"She said there's something you want to talk to me about ?" i said to him. "Yes, its about your injuries, i'm afraid that you will not fully recover after what happened", he replied. "Wh......What do you mean" i said to him, looking slightly worried. "Your body sustained a lethal amount of force during the explosion, causing damage to your brain, causing your nervous system to, deteriorate, but the medicine that i have assigned to you seems to have slowed it down, but the chances of it getting worse is, still there". i took a few moments to take in what he just said. "Then what about my position in team rainbow" i said to him. "You will still be active, but assigning field work for you is too risky, intel watch is the most that you can handle for now, that is, if you are still willing to join" he replied. "Doc, i.....i need a few moments to think about this". "I understand, your room is right besides mine, feel free to call in if you have any trouble" he said while opening the door for me. I went out of his room, and started walking towards mine, still thinking about what's gonna happen to my body, i opened the door, slammed it shut and laid on the bed, "Just sleep it off for now" i said to myself.

A few moments later i heard a knock on the door, i figured that it might be Doc with my pills. "The door is unlocked just set them on the table, and close the door on your way out" i said while turning my back towards the door, but rather than Doc standing in the doorway, i was greeted by Lera instead, "O-oh, miss Melnikova, i didn't know it was you", i got up and sat on the edge of the bed, she settled besides me after putting down the pills. "Gustav told me about your diagnosis, i hope you understand his decision", she said to me. "Its okay, i'm just glad to be alive, things could've been worse" i replied. "Well, let me do something for you" she said to me. "Do what ?" i replied. "Just close your eyes" she said to me, and so i did, i felt her left hand holding the side of my face, "I-is she actually going to k-", before finishing my sentence i felt a sharp pain in my neck, enough to make me squeal for a bit, "What the hell was that" i shouted. "Its your Nanobot shot sherlock, Gustav said you're afraid of needles so i asked you to close your eyes" she replied. "Well you could've at least told me about it" i said while rubbing my neck. "You were hoping for a kiss weren't you" she chuckled. "N-no, why would i". "Well sorry for shattering your hope, but this lip belongs to Alexsandr" she replied while packing away the syringe. "Try to get some rest for now, tomorrow is a big day for you", she then got up and and left the room. i laid on the bed, taking the prescription pills before going back to sleep, "A big day, what could it be ?"

(Again, i'm sorry for the late Update, things haven't been too great in my life, but enough rambling about gloom and misery, starting from this chapter i'm gonna try to develop Recruit as an actual character, and to make up for the delay i'll start working on the next chapter right away, so look forward to it)