Chapter 1 - Activated

5 Years has passed since the attack on Bartlett, some people claimed that whoever did it was nothing more than a small terrorist group asking for attention, but they were wrong, attacks started happening everywhere in the world, The second wave of attack hits Moscow, then Ivory Coast, then Hamburg, and then we realized, this is not a battle, this is a war. 

As the number of attacks started rising, so does the demand for law enforcement agents, i signed up on a training program 4 years ago, after completing it i was sent to Los Angeles to join the LAPD Bomb Squad, because i graduated with exceptional remarks on my Bomb defusal test, i was assigned a specialist role, i was really proud then, little did i know this role means nothing after "that" day.

Sunday morning, i sat on the edge of my bed with the TV on, switching from different channels, most of them are just cartoons, music, and drama, how can you people feel safe watching things like this when the rest of the world is about to blow up, i pressed the forward button one more time, landing on a news channel, nothing interesting, just stock prices, more corruption, and a viral video of a cat, just as i was about to turn off the TV, it switched into a breaking news, a house in LA is under siege by an unknown group of people, they said that a bomb threat might be involved, i grabbed my patch and immediately rushed outside and contact the rest of the Bomb Squad, we rally up on the station and quickly head to the house.

When we got there it was Quiet, no sign of other first responder or the terrorist, though the entire house is barricaded, so there's still possible threat inside. We put on our armor plates, screw in our silencer and proceed to enter the house from the second floor,  we checked master bedroom, kids room, and workshop, but still no sign of the enemy, we head down from the stairs near workshop, down to the first floor, and to the basement, it was quiet, too quiet, just as we enter the training room, someone barricaded the doorway behind us, simultaneously, an impact grenade blew a hole in the wall that lead to the garage, exposing a fully armored person with white mask and an LMG, we retreat to the other stairs near the barricaded doorway, barely escaping his line of fire, we threw at least 3 flashbang at the hole, forcing him to stop the suppressing fire, we didn't waste our time and took advantage of the temporary clearance, we knew the bomb is in the garage and split into two team, one going from the laundry room and the other push from training room, i threw a frag at the hole, making it even bigger and exposing the bomb alongside 3 dead hostiles, i regroup with team two inside the room and began the clearing procedure, no hostiles detected, i shift my focus to the ticking bomb, and opened the circuit box, but it was something that i didn't expect, the bomb isn't receiving the detonation signal from within the circuit board, its using a wireless transmitter the size of a transistor, and removing the transmitter itself would immediately detonate the bomb, the only way to defuse it is to insert a virus into the system from a stronger transmitter, but we didn't have those, i kept saying thing like "there's no way to do this, let's just bug out and live another day" to myself, but that would mean you have to live another day as a man who ran away from his responsibility.

I removed the second piece of the circuit board and started looking for weakspots, a backdoor, anything that i can use to disarm the bomb, i tinkered with the bomb for a few minutes, when i suddenly heard footsteps coming from the training room, its getting louder, and faster, i stand up and saw where its coming from, a huge person wearing hazmat suit is rushing towards us, he's holding a detonator on his right hand, no way, a suicide bomber !?, i ordered my team to focus their fire on him, but its no use, he vaulted through the wall and pressed the detonator, a big explosion caused us to tumble down in multiple directions, clouds of dust particles and smoke filled the room, i gazed around the room, then back to myself, i survived because of the Bomb Defusal suit, however the same couldn't be said about my team, they made first contact at point blank range with the suicide bomber, trauma plates and a kevlar vest isn't enough to save their lives, once again i have failed to protect the people who were close to me, feeling no desire to live on i laid on the reinforced garage door, waiting for the bomb to blow up and end all of this.

Once again i heard footstep, they must've heard the gunshots and figured out where we were, well if the bomb didn't kill me first they surely will, i closed my eyes and wait for my eventual death, but it never came, confused, i opened my eyes, to my disbelief i was greeted by someone that i wouldn't think i'd ever see again, a GIGN operator with white helmet and a White shoulder pads, "Well, look how much you've grown mon petits"  he said to me in a thick french accent, "H-how did you know it was me" i said to him, while holding back the pain, "You're wearing my patch, i'm surprised you still kept it after all these years" he said pointing at my right shoulder, it turns out i brought the "6" patch that he gave me 5 years ago instead of my LAPD one, "We can chat more later, now lets get you out of here" he said standing me up, just as he was doing that, a hostile came in from the left door, "Hostiles, Watch Out !" i said to him as i lift my suppressed 1911 and shoot at the incoming threat, killing it on the spot, "Merci " he said to me while roping my arm to his shoulder and carried me out, "Wait, what about the bomb ?, its still active" i said to him, "Ash and monty will take care of it, no need to worry", "What about me ?" i said to him, "As for you, Mon amie"

"Welcome to Team Rainbow" 

(Sorry for the late update, my Final exams is coming up and i haven't really been getting enough time to rest, let alone write a full chapter, but i guess life finds a way, hope you enjoy this update)