CHAPTER 5

On the day I turned twelve I was still living in the foster home and as my birthday present Ms. Becky (who has been keeping a very close eye on me) gave me a note. She told me not to read it till I went to bed and not to show anyone. I had to wait three more hours till nine. They were the longest most agonizing hours ever! I ran straight to my bedroom after I finished playing basketball.

Eagerly, I unfolded the note and I couldn't breathe, I was so shocked. My heart was beating out of my chest. I couldn't believe it, it read

Dear Alyson,

It's hard to tell u this but I think you are old enough now. I am your real mother I couldn't take on the responsibilities at the time and with your father leaving after hearing I was pregnant again. I couldn't stay away from yall so I volunteered to work up here. If you ever want to talk my door is always open. I get it if you need time I'm sorry for giving you and your brother up please forgive me.

Sincerely, Ms. Becky Leeway

I took of instantly for her room when I got there the door was ajar and the light was on so I let my self in. I called her name like five time and received no answer.

So I started walking around and I went into the kitchen, and found her laying in the floor with two steak knives in her stomach. I went over and felt her hand it was still warm, but her heart had no beat. I stayed by her side holding her hand only letting a single tear fall from my eyes and trying hold back the rest. When her hand went from warm to cold I called the police.