a lost message

You fell asleep next to Loki and you couldn't believe it. He was the first man to ever love you and he loved you with all of his heart and soul. He was so gentle and lovely. You adored him so much. You couldn't remember how you had lived without him. How did you get up back then? How did you breath when he wasn't there? You just didn't know.

But what you knew as soon as your sleepy brain gained consciousness was, that Loki was gone. He was cold because he was a frost giant but the bed felt even colder when he wasn't in it. There was no soft breath and his scent was old. He had left you alone hours ago. With a sigh you fixed your eyes on the light blue ceiling, pulling your blanket closer to keep the cold from crawling inside you. It was worthless. The cold didn't come from the outside but from the inside. A cruel fear, making you shake and twist.

What if he had left you once and for all? No, he would never do this to you! He wasn't that cruel. If Loki wanted to break your heart he would have done it differently. In a more painful way. With a yawn you heaved yourself out of the bed, throwing the green blanket onto it. For the first time since you had arrived in the Avenger tower you took a closer look at your room. There were trees drawn onto the walls and a beautiful sky on the ceiling. Many plants were placed next to the walls and the carpet consisted of fake grass. Tony had done his very best to give you a bit of confidence, to move your wild world into his clean, technological one. He had failed miserably though as there was this big window, showing you NewYork in all its disgust and cruelty.

Turning your gaze you discovered a wardrobe, covered with ivy on which Hades had fallen asleep. The pigeons were gone. Loki had most likely opened the window to set them free and left with them. As there was nothing else to do you went over to the wardrobe, taking out all black clothes. Today felt like an all black day and if fate tells you to wear black you don't oppose. When you slammed the doors of the closet shut Hades stumbled and nearly fell off it.

"Morning! Bad morning! Not nice!" , he croaked indignantly, shaking his head and puffing his feathers.

"I wish you a very good morning too, nut brain" , you mumble, searching for some kind of bathroom. You couldn't find one though. Shit.

"Your lover left a message, didn't he?" , croaked Hades, flying off the wardrobe and circling the room. You spun around, staring at the bird.

"Where?" , you yelled and blushed as soon as you realised how childish you acted. You really were obsessed with Loki.

"Give me nuts and I will tell" , croaked Hades, landing on your shoulder. Sighing you realized that you had to leave your room with your hair being pure chaos, wearing the clothes you had been too lazy to take off yesterday.

"F*ck you, nut brain!" , you hissed acting as if you would be angry but giggling on the inside. The raven was just far too cute.

"Aye! On we go!" , demanded Hades. You bowed your head and got moving. Carefully opening the door your slowly pushed your head through the gap to check if there was someone on the corridor. Hades followed your example and placed his head under yours.

"Good morning, raven girl. Calmed down a bit?" , you heard Tony with a cheerful voice from the other end of the corridor. You sighed and rolled your eyes. He was the last one you wanted to see now.

"Good morning, Mr. Stark. I'm searching for a bathroom and my little friend desires some nuts. Could you help me?" , you asked, smiling your brightest smile, remembering the glance of mistrust on the face of Tony when you had left with Thor. The guilt inside you came to life, yelling at you that he did his very best for you. To get this room the way it was definitely took some effort.

"Call me Tony, cub" , he laughed and walked up to you, "the bath is just the next door, you see? I'm sorry about the nuts, I don't think we have any but we could go grocery shopping when you finished your shower and got dressed. I could, on the other hand, join you while you shower, of course."