1. Conspicuous Concerts

* Edited *
________________________

Waking up to small rays of sunshine and chirping birds is complete bullshit. That crap only happens in movies. In reality you are gifted with bucket loads of water pouring all over you (a lame ass excuse for an alarm clock).

I sat upright in bed, coughing hysterically like a madman. I could feel the water up my nose and let me tell you, it is not a pleasant feeling. Other than my ridiculous hacking I could hear howls of laughter coming from my bedside. I glance over and it's none other than Layla, my mother flipping best friend. She's literally rolling on the floor, laughing her brains out.

That bitch.

Once I had gotten oxygen back into my lungs I immediately let all my rage out, not regretting any of it.

"What the fuck, Layla?!" I scream. I look down and my brand new batman onesie is soaked. I huff in annoyance and glare down at her. By now she's gotten herself under control and has stopped laughing but I sense she could break down and start cackling all over again.

"Okay, okay, before you go all hulk on me just know that I have a very good reason for doing that... And it was totally worth it," she giggles.

"And that reason is... What exactly?" I question furiously.

"You're really hard to wake up?" She shrugs as I roll my eyes.

Why I'm so mad is because:

A.) I don't wake up until somewhere around noon and it's only 8:30.

B.) I can't swim so I don't know how to properly hold my breath under water.

C.) She ruined my batman onesie with... I don't even know. Whatever it is, it isn't water.

Leaning down, I smell it. My eyes start to tear up at the disgusting stench and I begin coughing again. "Ya nasty," I mumble in between coughs.

"And," she continues, "we have a concert to get to in about two hours." I was about to ask her why she woke me up so early but she read my mind. "I woke you up this early because I know you take forever to get ready. Typical white girl," she mutters the last part but I still heard it.

"What was that, Ms. King?"

"Nothing!" She flashes me a toothy smile and I roll my eyes again. "Stop doing that or they're going to stay like that forever," she scolds me. I do it anyway just to get on her nerves. She flips me off; I do it right back.

"Hurry up so I can eat some food!" She squeals and runs out of the room, slamming the door in the process.

I chuckle and get out of bed, but once I'm up the door opens again. "Um... and by the way, that was milk and vinegar," she winks and leaves.

I internally groan and turn my attention back to my bed. Half of the mattress and the floor is dripping wet but thank god we have wooden floors so it'll be easier to clean up. I don't know about my bed though, I'm going to have to go out shopping for a new one.

I strip off the sheets and put them in the hamper, scrunching my nose at the smell. I jog over to the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I look in the mirror and strands of my hair are tangled together and some are even sticking up. At a sight like this Layla would describe this as 'when a rat's nest meets the Pacific Ocean.'

I exhale deeply and turn the shower on, waiting for the water to heat up. After it gets to a comfortable temperature I strip down and put one foot in but then stop when I notice a big purple bruise forming on my upper thigh. I wince when I poke it. It hurts like hell. I guess this is what I deserve for being my clumsy self.