When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (5)

*/ This chapters longer than the other, but it's worth it. :) There's a twist starting to come into the story and i hope hope hope you'll like it! :D /*

I wasn't sure what to do with myself. I was stood in the middle of a locked English classroom with my handsome new teacher...crying my eyes out.

Even through my blurry vision his looks seemed to startle me. His light brown hair was ruffled, falling into his face slightly and his green eyes were staring at me intently. I blinked a few times and looked back, noticing small hazel flecks amongst the green.

"...Jas?" I saw Mr Hinchcliffe's lips move and I landed back in reality with a thud. His lips settled into his oh-so-familiar gentle smirk when he saw me jump at the sound of his voice. How long had I been looking at him for? Ugh...I didn't even want to know.

"What's wrong?" He asked me, still looking down at me...but this time his eyes had a hint of worry in them. The concern in his voice was quite apparent, too. Gosh this guy needed to sort his mood swings out. Unless the first time I spoke to him was a one off, but as much as I wanted to believe that I couldn't. Something was telling me that there would be a few more of them moments to come. Without thinking, I sighed outwardly at the thought.

"God Jas, seriously. Tell me what's wrong." Mr Hinchcliffe pulled a chair out for me at one of the desks in the room and I took it obediently, leaning my arms on the table in front and letting my head fall into my hands. I felt Mr Hinchcliffe pull out the chair next to me so I lifted my head up to look at him.

"Nothing," I replied, shaking my head quickly and wiping my eyes. He threw down a box of tissues in front of me and I took one, carefully wiping under my eyes trying not to smudge my eye liner. Hey though, who was I fooling? I'd just cried my eyes out for like 10 minutes straight, what make up was on my eyes would now probably be all over my face anyway. Fantastic. I bet Mr Hinchcliffe thought that looked mega cute. Not.

"Don't be stupid and just tell me," He leaned back in his chair and entwined his hands, resting them on his stomach. "I'm not letting you leave until you do."

I let out a small laugh of frustration. See, again with the mood swings! He really does need to sort his head out.

"Whatever, I can go when I like." I lifted myself out of my seat and instantly felt an arm grab my wrist.

"Well, you could leave...but I doubt the principle will be too pleased to hear you've been skipping again. Especially when you don't have a note from a teacher explaining the circumstances."

I glared at him. He was right...but, hang on a minute. This was blackmail. Only slightly, but it still was! This can't be allowed! ...Still, there was nothing I could do about it other than glare at him, and that wasn't helping my situation at all. I sighed in defeat and sat back down, watching as Mr Hinchcliffe returned to his previous position.

"You can't do that," I attempted to make my voice sound strong and authoritative, but it cracked half way through the sentence.

"I just have, though."

"What is with you, Mr Hinchcliffe? Like, really...what's with the mood swings? You seem to change your opinion of me every 5 minutes; one minute you like me and the next you're just...weird. Why am I even here? Why do you care why I'm upset?"

"Woah woah woah!" He answered, laughing gently.

"From the beginning? I don't have mood swings, my mood just changes a lot..." He smiled a cheeky smile at me when he said that. I was never going to get a straight answer was I? Ugh. He carried on.

"I do like you, you're one of my students and I have no choice." Again with the cheeky smile, but this time it turned into that lob sided grin of his.