Chapter 1

Chapter 1

As I was trekking slowly up the mountains that surrounded my town I started to think about Demos. When I first created him I decided that he would was only going to be used for informational purposes. I apparently did not pay too close attention and some wires must have been crossed because somehow I came out with Demos. Demos is... different from other AI systems. He seems to have a mind of his own, though I would never let him know I thought this, or he might get cocky. If I had friends they'd probably tell me that I put a little too much of myself into Demos. I don't see it. I mean sure, he is extremely rude, mouthy, snarky, annoying, has no filter, malfunctions at the most inopportune times, tried( and failed) to nuke my entire town(I would of let him if I wasn't still living there.) In fact that was probably the reason he tried to nuke it in the first place. "The nerve of that little..." He tries to kill me , and often just blatantly disregards my orders. "Huh, now that I think about it, I probably should melt him down." "Maybe I should melt you down eh. Human skin melts, and I could find a way to melt your bones. Fluorosulfuric acid works I believe." Oh right and I forgot he can also talk. At first I added in this feature so encase I needed to read certain information, he could do it for me. Then somehow he found a way to use these sounds to create words, then sentences, and so on. I've tried to shut him up but nothing seems to work. In the beginning he sounded like a shy innocent little prat, who if we were to ever meet in person I would punch. Now he sounds like a infuriating, slightly psychotic smart alec who, I would frankly be able to tolerate. His sarcastic...oh how to put it ..charm is a breath of fresh air compared to the disgusting slow idiots of my home town.  But I digress. " Shut up, you piece of scrap. I dont even know why I brought you." I answered scathingly back to him. "Cause then you would be hopelessly lost." he countered. "We are hopelessly lost you idiot machine." I grumbled. "No, you are, I know exactly where we are." He said confidently. "Where are we then." I said my nerves at wits end. "We're lost." He said bluntly. "THAT'S WHAT I SAID!!!" I screamed.  "No" he answered back calmly, "You said we were hopelessly lost. Its not that hopeless." "I...you...hate. I need friends." I finally sighed. " And a life" He quipped. "That too."

                                                 —————————————————-

Authors note:Sorry for the short chaptor. I know most people want long chapters but I'm not very good at them and I have been busy lately. I will try though. As always please comment. Thank you and goodbyes.