Chapter 1.

Wearing my favorite red pumps, I take my coat in my hand and re-check the reports I had reviewed till 2 last night.

When I was pretty sure I was ready, I give myself a final glance in the full length mirror in my room and walked out, being very well aware I am late for my meeting.

As I was passing the kitchen and heading towards the door, my mum came rushing towards me, "You have got to be kidding me, Shanaya, not again, this is the third time this week you are skipping your breakfast. Hold this Tiffin in your hands and I want it finished, if you miss it again, I going to spank you, like people do to their children."

This was one of the things; you would have been very familiar with, if you are an Indian, your mom's love and care, even in her scolding.

I just smiled and kissed her forehead, making sure that I put the Tiffin in my office bag.

"Bye maa."

And then I was out.

I lived in the samridh apartment in Bandra on the fifth floor.

As soon as I exited the building, I knew my mum would be standing in the balcony, making sure I had safely reached my uber.

Even after explaining her thousand times that I was now a big girl, and she did not need to worry about things like that anymore, she would do that same thing without missing a single day, even when she was sick, this something we term as, 'maa ka pyaar' which means a mother's undying love for their kids.

I turned around, waved at her like a small child, this simple act had a very deep meaning to it, as my mother started it when I first went to play school, since that very day this small schedule has been practiced without a single break, even when we fight, she is there, waving at me with a smile that just boosts my day's positivity to a thousand times.

As soon as I got seated in my uber and gave the driver the required OTP, I just sat there thinking about the meeting.

Oh my god! Where are my manners?

I forgot to introduce myself, I am so sorry.

Hi my name is Shanaya Singhania; I am 26 years old, currently working for DTZ private limited, as the head of the HR department.

I am a proud Indian, living with my parents, which by the way is also an Indian thing.

I am the daughter of MR. Jagjit Singhania, who runs a business in import and export, and currently is in Delhi for the same and MRS. Kiran Singhania, who is a housewife.

My parents have been happily married for past 30 years.

They are an open minded people, but one thing they don't accept is lesbians, gays and transgender.

My childhood friend found out at the age of 18 that he batted for the same team and honestly I was totally cool with it.

But few months later when he came with his boyfriend to hang out, my parents flipped out, and that's how I found out about their disliking for them.

According to them, I am not in contact with Karan since that incident, but he was, is and still is my best friend.

And this is why I am forced to have a secret.

A/N:

Hello readers!

This is my story for Pen Your Pride with #WattPride.

Please make sure to vote, comment, and follow me.

Also check out my other book as well.

Much Love To All

Khushee Taneja.