Chapter 27: The "Shopping Spree"

A.N.

Chapter song: One Last Wish by James Horner

Known from the movie Casper (1995)

-----------------------------------------

I have to admit, I thought nature was pretty fascinating especially when I'd see something akin to a double rainbow hanging vaguely in the sky. However, I was fumbling over myself listening to Hagrid speak, reveling in what he was saying. I caught his eye a few times, watching his eyes shine passionately as he talked about bees. I'd never liked bees but the way he talked about them made me feel an overwhelming respect. When class ended, my mind was somewhere else, thinking about every bee I'd ever stepped on or swatted.

"I still hate mosquitoes," I heard someone mutter and I had to restrain myself from giving a hoorah in agreement. I hate those little bloodsuckers.

Neville and I parted ways, me heading to the library to pick up Hermione and Neville going to meet Luna for lunch. The hallways emptied quickly, everyone already in the cafeteria from scrambling over each other to get the best slice of lasagna. I laughed bitterly, these twerps have chefs come in and cook so they can stuff their ungrateful faces with stuff that undoubtedly would cost an arm and a leg in a restaurant but they get it for free. Seeing Hermione at her usual table, I sneak up behind her and hug her. Laughing, she marked her place and handed me a box with my name and school address on it.

"What's this?" I asked, turning the box over in my hands.

"That would be your uniforms, you got a full refund because they sent it so late, by the way. Here," she handed me 2 hundred-dollar bills, "they also sent a letter but it was very impersonal, don't waste your time reading it."

"So are you ready to go?" I asked, chuckling at her comment before putting the box under my arm.

She nodded and we went back to our dorm, she went to her room to change and I put my uniform away in my trunk. Taking a look in the mirror, I laughed at my oversized t-shirt that read "I can't hear you over the ignorance from your statement." and realized they're probably glad I finally have non-civilian clothes to wear. The fact all my jeans are faded and ripped doesn't help, though they'd never believe me if I told them it was because I had to clean Aunt Petunia's attic once a week and there was splinters and nails galore to get snagged on. I picked up a hoodie from my trunk and zipped it up as I met her in the lobby.

"Follow me," she whispered with a grin, running toward the back exit.

I followed suit, running after her silently. She yanked open the back door and ran out, me following close behind. Her shirt a long-sleeved sweater a chocolate-brown, covering her shorts went only a few inches down her thigh, a pattern of crocheted lace on the bottom, a pair of patterned leggings under it, and a pair of brown ankle boots accenting it perfectly. She smacked my arm when she caught me staring, blushing some, muttering how stupid I was. I laughed, she looked cute but I'll wait till later to tell her that.

Once we were on the street about a block or so away, she stopped and grinned, walking over into the woods and knocked on the window of Fred and George's car. She waited a second, then opened the door and got in, sliding to the furthest side. She watched me expectantly, waiting.

"What are you waiting for, Christmas?"

"This is Fred and George's car."

"They lent it to me." she rolled her eyes, crossing her arms.

"Do they know they lent it to you?"

She laughs at my suspicious expression, "Of course. Drive us into town, Mr. Car Man."