Chapter 9

Wind whirled above a shadowy forest. The moon hung in the sky surrounded by stars. Far away, in an evil place, an Eevee, Shinx, and Snivy sat. Condemned to their prison cell. But here, there were two very different pokemon, who were searching the constellations for answers. They lingered in the only place you could see the sky from the forest. A grotto in the middle of it.

An Espeon sat in front of a pool of water lit up by moonlight. Her fur looked silver through the moon's light as well. Her eyes gazed straight in front her meeting another pokemon's. It was an Umbreon.

"Anything, Solare?" the Umbreon questioned. His voice was full of wisdom and knowledge.

Solare sighed,"Nothing... It's been so long since I've had a vision." The Umbreon sighed as well.

"Two years." she admitted. "It's been two years! What is Mew trying to tells us, Lumar?"

"I'm not sure. All we know is that a Zoroark stole the Pokégem, and capturers will save it. If this is all he'll tell us, then we're truly doomed." Lumar summed up. He began to walk closer to her.

Her mind traced back to her last vision. "I don't think they were capturers." Solare's eyes were clouded with thought.

"What?"

"I've been giving it a lot of thought and I realized, when I was there, when I saw them, it didn't feel right. It was as if-."she shook her head. "No, that isn't possible."

'"What isn't?

"It was as if... I was in a different world." She turned and looked into her mate's eyes. Though it was hard to believe, she knew for a fact that these two were not part of this earth.

"A different world?"

"World where only capturers live. But they're know by a different name. Humans. Just like the old tales said there was."

"Humans..." the word sounded odd on his tongue. "Are you sure that there's actually another world?"

"Very. For all we know, there could be many."

"But how could humans save us when we're from different worlds?"

"They aren't in their world. Not anymore."

"Anymore?"

"They're here, in this world, I feel it."

"But how could they've gotten here?"

"The only way they could've. A Warp Hole."

"A Warp Hole really? That's your explanation?" Lumar said unbelievingly, almost laughing. "Solare, Warp Holes aren't real. They're a myth. A children's story to keep kids from going out alone. They don't exist."

"We never considered other worlds existing, but they do, so Warp Holes must too."

"Even if they do exist, how would a human help if they were here? The Pokégem doesn't even affect them."

"They're not humans here , they're pokemon. You know how Warp Holes work. When you're transitioning from from one dimension to the next, your body is cast aside and your soul is all that's left. Then your soul attaches itself to the nearest dying life form. So it seemed as though you've transformed. I-" Solare was cut off by a powerful pain that struck her mind. She closed her eyes.

A vision was coming, she knew it. It must be very strong message because she had never had a vision without using the pool. Another wave of pain swept through her, causing her to collapse. She heard Lumar run toward her. Her breath and heartbeat began to quicken.

Images began flashing in her mind. A cave. Mines dug so deep the bottom seemed as though it didn't exist. Iron cells. Whips cracking on pokemon's backs. Screams. Needles. A bucket full of dark liquid. An eye that was completely red and glowed. A hooded figure. A Snivy with fear in her eyes and darkness behind her. An Eevee scared for her life. A Shinx with his ears back in fury. A blocked off entrance to a cave. The surrounding area widened and she could see where the cave was.

Suddenly a voice sounded in her head,"To find the one that came from Earth, one who has seen the pain and hurt, bring them to the sacred pool, and let them drink until their eyes are true...." there was more, but the pain became so unbearable she couldn't hear.

Slowly, the pain seeped away. Solare's breathing calmed and she stood back up. She opened her eyes and looked at Lumar. "Go fetch Yami," she panted. "We're going to Dolorus Valley. I'll explain on the way."

He turned around and sped into the dark forest. As soon as he was gone she sat down once again beside the pool, and stared toward the stars. What were they doing there, in that horrid place? She couldn't help but wonder. What was that dark liquid, the glowing eyes? Then it snapped in her mind. Yveltoluem! Of course! Dolorus Valley is know to be rich in it.

The sound of twigs cracking broke Solare from her thoughts. Lumar returned to the grotto with their apprentice Yami, a Sylveon.

"We must leave immediately," Solare urged.

"But Solaaaaare, you just woke me up, and it's in the middle of the night," Yami drowsily complained. "Plus it takes three days to get there," her jaws parted into a huge yawn.

"We have to leave. Now." Solare finalized. She turned to Lumar, "They're using Yveltoluem."

Lumar's eyes widened with shock,"Yveltoluem?!"

"What's that?" Yami asked.

"I'll explain everything once we get going. Come on." Solare turned around and started to leave.

Yami sighed and followed her, right behind Lumar.

The three of them headed out of their home forest and toward the place of pain and beauty, Dolorus Valley.

----------------------------------------------

Just wanna give a shoutout of thanks to @Kiba_Akamaru_lover for Yami's character. Hope you liked the chapter and thanks for reading!:P