Rise and Fall of a Star: Chp. 3

CHAPTER 3

They ate and talked until he suggested watching a movie. She agreed and settled in on the couch, accepting a glass of apple juice from him while he had champagne. Half way through the movie she passed out. Sesshoumaru sighed picking her up.

"Now comes the guilt for drugging her." He mumbled. Carrying her into the back he saw Sango waiting for him.

"Why do you need a paternity test for her?" Sango asked again, still feeling lost.

"My half brother brought her to several of my parties. Only she never would have recognized me. He had her drugged, I know you are her best friend. I fell in love with her back then. Each time I had sex with her because she would ask me for it. I don't' know if that is what he had in mind or if he knew. I need to know if this is my child."

Sango nodded and went to work. "You're lucky I'm a OBGYN." Finally she was done. "There we go. I'll have the results in two hours or so. Put her to bed." She watched as Sesshoumaru picked her up. "Sesshoumaru, be gentle with her. He really controlled her like nobody's business. These past few months as 'Sakura' have made her stronger."

He nodded and started out the door when her voice stopped him once more.

"One last thing. Miroku told me about an hour ago that Kikyou Star is planning to announce that she is going to remarry her husband of five years. Not only that but she plans to do it before her baby is born. Inuyasha was using her." Sesshoumaru nodded and left.

The next morning, Kagome awoke in a room that was decorated in soft purples. She yawned and got out of the bed. Looking around her she wondered if this room had been done for a child or another woman. She walked out of the room into a bathroom and found some clothes to wear. 15 minutes later she was showered, dressed and ready to find Sesshoumaru and breakfast.

Sesshoumaru sat in his kitchen drinking tea and looking at the paper in front of him. Sure enough, there was a big wedding shot of Inuyasha and Kikyou. 'Fat and dumb. What a pair. Poor Kagome, she still thinks he is coming back.'

"Morning Sesshoumaru. Sorry that I fell asleep. This baby takes it out of me." Kagome smiled at him as she sat down.

He silently looked at her with adoration. "Kagome, do you plan to honestly raise this child alone?"

She sat quietly thinking over his question. "I know in my heart that Inuyasha will not come back. I also know that I don't want to be alone but I can't be with anyone right now."

Sesshoumaru nodded as Kagome took the paper and pulled from the middle. The article that greeted her had her turning pale.

Sesshoumaru looked up at this point. "Kagome?"

She looked up at him. "Someone has began rumors about us and my baby."

He stood up and came around the table. "Well, looks like everyone believes this is my baby and I'm using you to get 'Sakura' jealous."

Suddenly it seemed like a humorous situation to her, causing her to giggle. Which bubbled into laughter. Sesshoumaru chuckled as he watched her laugh.

"Oh, you seem so happy right now." He commented. "I don't think I've every seen you like this, Kagome."

She looked at him and smiled. "I've never felt this way."

As the months moved on Kagome found herself wondering if she should trust Sesshoumaru's words, that he would love her child as his own. In late October, with only two months left of her pregnancy, she agreed to do one last concert as 'Sakura'. " I have to do it for my fans. After this there is no more 'Sakura' only me."

Kagome sat in her dressing room the night of December 10th, waiting for her last concert to start. A knock on the door startled her out of her thoughts.

"Kagome, I have something for you."

Excited, Kagome let her best friend inside. "What is it?"

Sango laughed and gave her a bouquet of red roses. "These are from Sesshoumaru."

Kagome took them, smelling the roses as she did, she noticed a box tied with a ribbon. Taking the box down she opened it and gasped. Inside was a 10 carat Sapphire and Diamond ring. A little note fluttered to the floor. She picked it up and forced herself not to cry. Speaking aloud, she put the ring on her finger. "Yes, I will marry you Sesshou."