Rise and Fall of a Star: Chp. 2

CHAPTER 2

Sesshoumaru sat behind his desk drinking a cup of tea. While his secretary Rin rattled on about something. He stared down at the photo in front of him. The girl that smiled up from the photo was happy and on top of the world.

"She is here, Sesshoumaru. Kagome Higurashi!" Rin exclaimed.

He looked up, she was more beautiful than the photo but her eyes held such sadness. "I care not for your problems. When you sign my papers you work for me. Your personal life out there stops at the studio door." Kagome just nodded. "Well, then welcome to Youkai Studios."

"I would very much like to join your studio." She stated moving forwards and taking a seat. He nodded and pulled out the papers. They spoke for two hours before she signed the papers closing her contract.

Kagome left the office and went into the hall that Sango was waiting in. Sango stood up when Kagome walked in with a big smile on her face.

"I signed, I'm to be at the recording studio Tuesday, March 30th. Everyone is going to know me as Sakura now."

Sango laughed. "Let's go shopping and get 'Sakura' some clothes."

Kagome nodded. "We also need to pack up my things Sango. I'm moving out of Inuyasha's apartment."

By the time Tuesday rolled around Kagome had the penthouse, that Sesshoumaru gave her, littered with boxes. She sat staring down at the stick she held in her hands.

"Kagome? You here? We need to...oh..." Sango trailed off as she shut the front door. Her eyes rested on the E.P.T. box on the counter.

Moments later Kagome appeared. "Let's go."

Sango grabbed her arm. "Yes or No?"

Kagome looked at her, shocked. Then she glanced at the box on the counter. "I can't be late Sango. I have to figure some things out." She pulled away and headed out the door with Sango following.

"Kagome, you have to let everyone know if you are." Sango stated.

"Yes Sango. I know. I also realize that I want to keep her."

The whole way to the studio was silent. Even the way over to see Sesshoumaru was quiet. Finally they stopped and Kagome got out of the car and looked back.

"Don't wait for me." With that said she headed inside.

Once she stood at Rin's desk she paused. Inside the office she could hear Rin giggling and Sesshoumaru talking. As she moved forwards Rin opened the door.

"Oh! You're here! Good, he was waiting for you." Rin said with a smile.

Sesshoumaru sat behind his desk staring down at a page of news about his lowly half brother. Sensing she had entered he did not bother to look up. "Come and sit." Was all he said. He continued to read about Inuyasha and now he was requesting a private audience with Sakura.

Finally after a few minutes he looked up. "Kagome, I have your first concert scheduled for May 1st. That gives you 6 weeks to be ready and have your first CD released. I'm already getting fan mail for 'Sakura'."

Kagome nodded, quietly thinking. "May 1st puts my pregnancy at two months, just about."

"Kagome did you hear me?"

"I have to tell you something." She blurted out in response. As she stood up she tripped and fell into the desk, crashing down on Inuyasha's request. "Inuyasha?" She questioned as Sesshoumaru helped her back up.

"You know that worthless mutt?"

Kagome nodded. "He is the father of this baby." Tears began to fall down her cheeks suddenly.

Sesshoumaru pulled her tightly against him. "Marry me. So that I may protect your child." He whispered as he held her.

"I can't. He said he would come back." She paused. "I'm going to go." She stated, wiping her eyes as she pulled away from him. Her mind and body screamed for her to stay.

JULY

Four months passed and 'Sakura' became a number one pop diva. Every photo of 'Sakura' always had Sesshoumaru somewhere in the shot. One evening Sesshoumaru invited her to his home. She showed up in a very flattering off the shoulder black dress. Sesshoumaru groaned inwardly. Over the time he had, to get to know her, he had fallen in love with her all over again.

"Kagome, you look beautiful." He stated taking her hand and pulling her to him.

She looked up, blushing, as her dress swirled around her. "Thank you." She murmured as he leaned down and kissed her.

It was their first and he wanted her to remember it always. As he broke this kiss he began to feel uneasy about what he planned to do.