45. The Swap

Dear Damon,

Rebekah is dead. She killed herself in order to let Marcel off the hook and I think she proved how much she actually loved him. Now, Bekah has no choice but to return to her original body, which I'm very thankful for. Marcel is still mad at Klaus for compelling him to kill Rebekah but we still need to be united if we want to defeat Dahlia.

Davina is currently the Regent of the nine covens and she intends to use her magic to resurrect Kol. A part of me, wants Kol back since we were very good friends. But another part just wants Davina to be a normal teenager without the whole magic stuff. I worry about her just I worry about you and Stefan. Davina Claire is like family to me.

Someone was knocking on my door so I decided to open it. The beautiful and very blonde Rebekah Mikaelson stood in front of me with a huge smile on her face. "You seem surprised to see me!" She said.

I closed the door behind her. "Well, last time I checked you were in Eva's body before you stabbed yourself in the neck."

The blonde Original smirked. "Yes, but then I realized that Nik ordered Marcel to kill me so I could return to my own body. I believe he wants to torture me but, I have to say, it feels good to be back to my body."

"I think Klaus has a plan to kill Dahlia." I said. "He's gaining her trust to defeat her without her knowledge. Klaus is brilliant!"

Rebekah sighed. "He was always the most manipulative of us all." Her blue eyes locked on my brown ones. "Cami, Elijah and Freya are waiting for us at the compound. We need to come up with a plan to lure Dahlia."

I nodded and grabbed my keys. "I guess I'm driving." Bekah smiled and we headed out. I don't know why Cami is involved but the more the merrier.

***

When we arrived at the compound, Freya was pacing around the living room while Elijah and Cami were sitting on the couch. "Calm down, witch!" I teased the oldest Mikaelson. "You're about to open a hole on the floor."

Freya glared at me while Rebekah chuckled. "Do you think this is funny?" The blonde witch asked in disdain.

"Chill out! This might be the last we are all together before I leave." I smiled sadly.

Rebekah turned to me with a frown. "Are you leaving New Orleans for good?" She asked with sadness.

I nodded and then Cami looked at me and stood up. "Look, you all deserve to know the truth." She sighed. "Klaus has been getting inside my mind with his vampire mind controlling thing. He said that Dahlia linked herself to him." She explained.

My eyes traveled around the room trying to contain my jealousy. "That means that if he dies, so does she." I concluded.

Cami nodded. "Exactly. But there's good news." She smiled. "Freya wasn't the witch that broke Dahlia's heart. It was Esther that hurt her, so your plan to kill Dahlia would've failed."

"What are the good news?" Elijah asked.

The blonde girl grinned. "There is a way to kill Dahlia without killing Klaus. You need to use Esther's blood."

I bit my bottom lip and gave them a guilty expression. "I know exactly what to do." They all looked at me. "Davina is using Kol's ashes in a resurrection spell."

Elijah's eyes widened in hope. "All we need to do is swap his ashes for our mother's and Davina will resurrect her without even realizing it."

Rebekah and I exchanged looks while Freya nodded. "I'll stay with Hope while you do the swap. Someone should be here to protect her." We all left the compound and I felt really uneasy about deceiving Davina. She worked so hard to resurrect her true love...

***

I arrived at the place Davina was going to perform the resurrection spell and immediately spotted her. "This looks like the set for a witchy movie, Regent." I teased Davina.

The teen witch gave me the cold shoulder. "What are you doing here?" She asked. "I thought you wanted me to fail."

I sighed and stepped closer to my friend. "Davina, I don't want you to fail! You're like a sister to me and you know how devastated I was when Kol died..." I put my hand on her shoulder. "I came here to wish you luck and to tell you how proud I am of you."

Davina smiled softly. "Thank you, Mia. I hate being upset with you." She grabbed my hand. "You gave me shelter when I was in a bad place and I owe everything to you."

I kissed her cheek. "I'm sorry." I whispered before leaving the poor girl. She was going to hate me for this. Rebekah and Elijah were already waiting for me. "Did you swap the ashes?" I asked the two Originals.

Elijah nodded and Rebekah sighed. "Just to be clear, I like Davina and I still want to resurrect my brother. This is really unsettling for me to sabotage that young girl like this."

"It is a necessary evil." Elijah stated and I nodded in agreement.

Davina finished the spell and Esther raised from the ashes, like a majestic phoenix. "It worked!" Rebekah said in shock. Davina really was powerful.

The teenage witch widened her eyes in shock and anger. "No!" She shouted. "Kol was supposed to be resurrected."

Esther smiled softly at Davina and stood up. "Thank you, my dear. Now I must deal with a certain witch." The witch walked up to us and greeted her children. "Hello!"

I walked towards Davina with a sympathetic expression. "I'm so sorry, Davina. Esther is the only one who can help the Mikaelsons with the whole Dahlia situation."

Davina was crying. "You sided with them and tricked me." She looked at me in anger. "While I was distracted talking to you, they switched the ashes and now Kol isn't here with me."

"It was a necessary evil." I repeated Elijah's words.

The angry teenager glared at me. "I hate you, Mia. And I hate the Mikaelsons." She spat. "You will pay for this! I promise that you will regret ever crossing me." She stormed out and I felt bad for sabotaging her spell.