34. Keeping Hope Safe

Marcel and I arrived at the place Vinced picked so we could talk about Eva and the Rite of Nines in order to save Rebekah and protect Davina. "I have a question for you." The vampire turned to me and I raised an eyebrow. "Why Klaus? You seem like a smart woman and you definitely deserve better than a homicidal hybrid with a God complex."

I sighed. "Klaus has a soft side that only comes out when he feels safe around those he loves." I smiled at the thought of him. "If things were simpler, I would assume my love for him and live my whole eternity with that man."

"Hello again!" Vincent greeted us. "You called me here to talk about Eva, right?" He asked with a knowing look.

Marcel crossed his arms and looked Vincent dead in the eyes. "She's after Davina to complete the Rite of Nines and we want her gone."

Vincent took a deep breath. "I know Eva is dangerous and hungry for power but I can't kill my wife." He glanced at us. "Maybe I can trap at Fauline Cottage again or somewhere else. It's not my place to kill another human being despite the awful things she has done."

Marcel grabbed the witch by his collar. "You're gonna help us finish your wife or I will personally make your life a living hell!" The vampire threatened.

I separated the two of them and shook my head at Marcel's actions. "Alright, we can maybe trap her inside her own body just like she did with Rebekah." I stared at Vincent. "Is it possible to use magic to trap Eva instead of killing her?"

"Only if Rebekah is strong enough to overpower Eva." Vincent explained. "If she completes the ritual, she will be the most powerful witch in New Orleans."

I grinned at the two men standing in front of me. "The second most powerful." I just had a crazy idea that might just work but I needed Klaus and Freya on board.

***

The compound was weirdly silent which was unexpected considering Klaus hates his older sister. "Nik! Freya!" I shouted. "I had an idea to help Rebekah!" I heard a noise coming from Hope's nursery and I headed there. "What the hell?!" My eyes traveled to the maid that was dead on the floor and then I noticed Eva Sinclair holding the baby.

"This is a really bad time!" The psychotic witch announced. "Why do people keep interrupting my ritual?"

I vamped out and glared at Eva. "Maybe because you keep trying to kill every witch, but Hope is just a baby and you can't kill her!"

Eva Sinclair scoffed. "This baby is more powerful than anyone can imagine and she's not that innocent." The witch used magic to throw me against the book shelf. "I have nothing against you, Mia. Actually, I think you're special."

In that moment Freya and Klaus showed up and the older Mikaelson used magic to incapacitate the psycho bitch while Klaus grabbed his daughter. "Take Amelia out of her as well!" She ordered her brother.

Klaus held my arm and took me out of the nursery. "How are you, love?" He asked softly.

My head was still pounding but I was able to crack a smile. "I've been better but at least Hope is safe." I looked at Klaus while he scanned his daughter. "You keep saving my life. Thank you!"

"And you were willing to risk your life to save my daughter." Klaus sat next to me in his bed and smiled. "You're a very noble person, Amelia."

I extended my arms to hold Hope and then looked at the beautiful man. "I think Esther might be useful to us." He raised an eyebrow and looked at me as if I was crazy. "Eva hasn't completed the Rite of Nines so maybe there's a way to get Bekah back." Klaus kissed my forehead and left his bedroom, leaving confused and responsible for baby Hope.

***

After a few hours of taking care of Hope, both Mikaelson siblings and Eva stepped inside the living room. "Did it work?" I ask, my anxiety popping up.

Eva took Hope in her arms and smiled. "Your aunt Rebekah is back, little Hope." The baby giggled and put her hand on Rebekah's mouth.

Freya looked at me and gave me a half smile. "You were right! Esther was able to keep Eva buried inside her own body and Rebekah reemerged and is more powerful than ever."

I stood up and hugged my best friend. "I'm so glad you're back!" I kissed her cheek.

Rebekah smirked and handed Hope to Klaus. "I owe you a massive thank you since it was your idea." She patted my shoulder gently. "I don't know what I would do without you."

"Thankfully, you're not going to find out." I smiled and then heard my phone ringing. Damon's face showed up on the screen and I accepted the call. "Hey!" I greeted him, but my happiness was short lived. "Stefan did what?" I was furious and then my face fell in shock. "What? How is that possible?" I asked and then nodded. "Sure, I'll see what I can do. Bye!" I hung up and sighed heavily.

Klaus furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me in worry. "What happened?" He asked immediately.

I pursed my lips. "I have to go to Mystic Falls." My eyes traveled around the room. "My brother Stefan shut off his humanity and apparently my mother is alive." I shook my head in disbelief. "She's a vampire and Damon brought her back so Stefan can flip the switch back."

"Take your time, love." Klaus stepped closer to me and caressed my cheek. "Your family needs you more than we do. Go reunite with your mother and help your brother." He kissed me softly on the lips. "And send my regards to Caroline." He smirked and I playfully hit him in the arm.

Rebekah pulled me into a gentle embrace. "Be safe and return. You're my best friend and this war isn't over." I nodded and left the compound.

Knowing that my mother is alive, a vampire nonetheless, really got to me. I watched her getting buried and now I find out she is actually alive and well. What else in my life is a lie?