Dark Hunter (fan fic): The Time Has Come

CHAPTER TWO

A week later I was still wondering how in the world Ash was gonna help me with my Cai problem.

Cai is.....we used to be really close but then things came between us and he started to um...ah...change. And this was before I became a Dark Hunter. Because we used to be close, he knows all of my weaknesses. Even the ones that happened After my change.

"Hey doll, you planning on coming in or just standing there all night?" Fang Kattalakis asked.

Laughing, I threw myself into his arms and in a teasing tone I said,"Hey Fangy! How goes it? Have ya missed me?"

He rolled his eyes at me and gave me a noogie. "How could I -a wolf- have missed you? You guys are nothing but trouble."

For the most part, Dark Hunters and Were-Hunters don't get along because there is some bad blood betweeen the two. But the Kattalakis' are an exception.

I hop down but not before pinching his cheeks...something he despises...even from family.

"Awe c'mon Fangy, you love me! You know you do."

He just grunted which made me laugh again.

Fang, Fury and Vane (the Katagaria of the Kattalakis litter) are like brothers to me. I actually spent some of my "before Dark Hunter" years with them. Anya was like a sister to me as well but sadly she's gone. It hurt everyone when she died.

Looping my arm through his, I drag him into Sanctuary. "Let's go find Aimee Peltier," I say in a slight teasing tone with a smirk on my face.

Playfully shoving me away, he says,"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Yes you do! I see that blush on your face, brother!"

"Don't you have someone else to bother?" He asks with a slight scowl.

"Oh c'mon...I know your secret! You're in looove with Aimee Peltier and are afraid to admit it because your not of the uh....," I make an up and down gesture at him,"same species."

Grabbing me by the shoulders, he shook me like a rag doll and told me," You are NOT to go repeating that. If you do....well you don't even want to picture what I'd do to you."

Putting my hands on his arms, I release some of the heat I'm always holding onto into my palms and heat up just enough to get him to let go.

"Mum's the word Fangy. I can't believe you'd even Think I'd tell anyone else."

He walks away from me mumbling something me being a "damn fire chick". Man, he's so fun to mess with because of how easily his feathers are ruffled.

Now back to business....I continue to walk through Sanctuary looking for...."Sabine! How are you? Akri has been looking for you! Where have you been? The Simi has missed you! The Simi wishes you would take her shopping for shinies and clothes again!" Simi bounces around in front of me firing off all that in one breath.

I said, "It's good to see you Sim. I'm ok. Where's Acheron at the moment? We'll make a shopping date soon. I promise."

Pouting because I didn't answer all of her questions, she points to the back room. "He's getting ready to go on stage because um...someone couldn't make it tonight so they asked him to play..."

Smiling, I give her a quick hug to let her know I'll see her later & I go closer to the stage and just wait for the band to come on...