1

Shailene

Something heavy is lifted off my shoulders as we approached the car. I wave at the fans again and duck my head under the roof of it.

"You okay?" Theo asks, his eyes full of concern. The inside of me melts a little, but I decided to not show it.

"Yeah, I felt a whole lot better since this morning," I run my fingers through my hair. The conversation between us dies out, and I find myself staring at him. He seems to be nervous; he's biting his lip and constantly looking at the window.

He looks almost too godly to be sitting beside me, with his watery brown eyes that are set so deep inside that his eyelashes touch the bone of his eyebrow. That's how I knew he could be Four. I get lost again, my mind a dizzy mess.

"Shai, Shai. Wake up." I hear a distant voice calling my name. Theo.

"Yeah, what? I was just resting," I say with a panic.

"You were, huh?" he asked, lifting an eyebrow. He points at his tux, his left shoulder wet with a saliva stain. I feel my face rise in heat.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I mumble, dabbing at the spot where I drooled.

"It's okay, Shai. You need a rest," Theo smiles, the left part of his mouth pulled up a little, making a crooked smile look boyish on him. I smile at my thoughts which are too ridiculous for me to even think of.

We arrive at our destination, the hotel. Ah, bliss.

As soon as I step foot on the solid, grey pavement, my body loses its balance. Oh no, no, no, no, no, no-

I feel his hand wrapped around my waist safely, like a belt.

"I almost fell-" I say.

"Yeah, we all saw the show," he said, gesturing to the passerbys that we gawking at me. I gulp.

My legs walk me into the safety of the hotel, and I exhale a breath of relief, plopping onto the huge, soft bed of mine.

"I guess I should go then," Theo's deep voice rumbles through the whole room.

"Ok then, I say, giving him a hug. He runs his hand from my hair to the middle of my back, and I melt again.