1

"Qul ara aytul in asbaha maookum gawran faaaman yaatikum bima'in maeen. Sadaqal lahul azim" I concluded reading my favorite surah in the Holy Quran, closing it as the door to my room slowly opened with a little creak.

"Assalam alaikum Af "

"Papa!!!" I squealed, throwing myself at my daddy like a little girl. What? I'm forever a daddy's girl.

He chuckled and hugged me back "Af how are you today, how was your day? " Baba asked.

"Alhamdulilah baba" I replied with a grin. "How was yours daddy " I asked back .

"Same, same " He said with a tired smile.

"Papa cmon, go wash up and pray, I'll make dinner " I told him as I left the room to the kitchen.

Few minutes later, I heard footsteps descending down the stairs as I set the last plate on the table.

"Hmm,smells like heaven in here "Papa said as he took his seat.

I giggled and took mine and we commenced eating, talking about random things that happened either at his work or my school.

"You cook just like your mom Af " papa said with glistening eyes.

I smiled and held his hand "she's watching us, you know " I replied.

He chuckled and ruffled my hair, standing up to retire for the night "Goodnight dear "

"Good night daddy "

I did the dishes and skipped to my room, changing into my pjs, brushing my teeth and putting my hair in a bun.

I recited my dua for the night and entered my duvet, and drifted off to sleep thinking about my mom in heaven and how much papa misses her.

Assalam!! Ramadan Mubarak..

My first time writing and I'd like to be given a chance. Please do not copy my work, we all smart with beautiful ideas, I stand to be corrected, so please do correct me if there's a typo. Thank you!!

Read. Like. Comment. Share.

❤❤