3.

"home is where the heart is, & my heart was with him, always." -y.r

I woke up earlier than I normally do.I'll admit it's due to the fact that I could hardly go to sleep because I honestly couldn't stop thinking about so many things, like work, what amanda said and mostly Austin..  I couldn't get over the fact that how I acted when I saw him at work.  That was real strange of me to do, normally I could have a good conversation with an old friend, but not with him apparently.  I didn't want to give myself false hopes on the slightest chance there might be something more than just friendly feelings, but I'm not fooling anyone, I might have a little crush but that's just it.  Its just a crush and nothing more.  I just need to stop thinking about it and move on with the important things in my future right now, for example,  getting out of bed for starters.

I get out of bed, into the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee, and knowing copeland will be up soon, I'll have to make breakfast for her and my lovely roommate.

I open the fridge to find ingredients to make chocolate chip pancakes and start preparing it but suddenly stop and turn around once I hear an obnoxious gasp from behind me, turning around I see a very shocked Ava say "pinch me i must be dreaming, you're up early and you're making breakfast?!"

I roll my eyes playfully at her "ha ha very funny, I was up quite early so I thought I would treat you and cope for a nice breakfast. "

"well that's sweet" she replies, tiredness showing in her voice. She walks slowly to the coffee maker, pouring herself a mug full, then sits down watching me make breakfast. 

I break the comfortable silence saying, "so why so tired this morning? did you stay up late with cope?"

Her head shoots up from her mug, to me, "actually yes, she said she couldn't sleep and neither could I,so we watched a couple films til she was sleepy, boy do i regret that. " she says snickering at the end.

"well that explains alot," I said referring to her hair, but deciding against making fun of her, "sorry I came home late, it was a busy day at work. "

"oh don't worry bout it, we had fun, anything new happen at work?"

"actually, " I replied still very hesitant, "I saw an old friend of mine back when I was with kellin. "

"really? tell me about him. " she said suddenly so interested in this topic.

"his name's Austin Carlile,  he's in the band of mice & men, he's sweet, very tall guy & a good friend of mine, well .. he was." I said trailing off to more of a mumbe, clearly unsure if I could still classify him as a "good friend" after so long.

"what do you mean by 'he was' ?" she asked.

"well,  I mean I haven't seen him in so long, it was weird ava, I was really,  I don't know,  I was nervous and it was awkward in a way. " I said becoming frustrated with the lack of words to describe what had happened.

"whoa, that's very unlike you. "

I roll my eyes,  "i know shut up, and he invited me to a party for one of his band members birthday today. "

"no way?! please in the name of all this is holy tell me you said yes! " she said while slamming her palms on the kitchen counter with eyes in complete utter shock. 

"I did, but that was stupid of me, I mean I have copeland I cant just do that, that's irresponsibe of me. " I groaned.

"so what,  I can take care of her duh!  Come on Cassie, you deserve one night to yourself with other human beings that don't work with you. " she said enthusiastically.