Ice

Mount Justice
October 1

I watched Robin and Kaldur train in the mission room, standing alongside Artemis, Wally, Shazam and Zatara. Conner and Megan came in when they finished the fight, a giant white wolf beside them. They found him when they went on a mission, the mission right after the team was attacked in the cave.

"Hey, Amber, where's Snow?" Robin asks me.

"Wondering where your girlfriend went, are we?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"I-I was just wondering, normally she's with you"

"Actually, normally she's with you. Suspiciously. You two have been spending a lot of time together. I don't know what happened to her, she just left"

Batman showed up, telling the compter to bring up the national news. Whatever was going on seemed urgent.

"The initial attack was short-lived, but Metropolis was only granted a short reprieve," the reporter said.

They showed a video of vines taking over the city, wrapping around buildings then crushing them. Then there was a video that showed Snow trying to save some people alongside the rest of the League, but the vines got her and she disappeared.

"Snow!" I gasp.

"You need us to go rescue Snow, right?" Robin asks Batman hurriedly.

"No. That's not why I'm here"

"We need to save my sister," I snap at him.

"That's not the mission I'm giving you. It's now clear our enemies have formed some kind of Secret Society of Super-Villains. The attack on Metropolis is only the beginning"

"You got that right," Robin says. "Plant creatures have sprouted in Gotham City, Paris, Star City, Taipei..."

The screens all go to static. "Dude," Wally says.

"It's not me. Someone's cutting into the satellite signal. All satellite signals," Robin says, trying to get the screens back.

"I can't believe they're actually doing this," I whisper.

"You knew?" Batman asks me.

"It was only a rumour Harley told me about, Ivy never mentioned anything about it. It all sounded like bull, obviously I wasn't going to believe it"

The Joker's face popped up on the screen, his mouth in a wide smile. He knocked on the glass of the camera he was looking into before speaking.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we interrupt your regularly scheduled mayhem to bring you this important announcement..." he said, pulling out a switchblade, turning the camera to face a group of people. "... from the Injustice League"

I gasped, seeing the face of my sister standing next to Ivy. She was smiling, but there was no emotion hidden behind her icy eyes. Her body looked a lot paler than it used to, like her skin was cold as ice. I could tell she was close to becoming complete ice, almost at the final stage of the tests.

"Snow? What's up with her?" Wally asks.

"And why does she look so pale?" Robin asks.

I run out of there, ignoring my friends calling my name. I ran straight for my sister's room, barging in to find her necklace, that she must've forgotten to put on, on the desk. I plopped down on her bed, picking up the necklace and placing it beside mine.

"You can't leave me, you cannot turn to ice," I whisper, clutching both our necklace's tightly.

"Amber?" Wally asks. "Are you okay?"

"This is the final stage I was telling you about. When we turn into the element we hold the powers of. She's turning to ice, soon she will be ice and she won't be able to turn back into her normal self. She will not know anything but freezing things, and not for the side of good"

"How is it possible she's like that?"

"We were both so close to the final stage, but I broke us out before it could be finished. They must've found the scientist who did this to us and had him finish the project in only a matter of hours. She will be gone if I don't do something about it"

He stands in front of me, probably thinking of what to do. I look up at him. I knew what I was about to say wasn't the truth, Snow hadn't offered herself to them. She didn't want to be turned into what she is.

"You're right. Being betrayed by someone you love is a lot worse"

Bayou Batholomew
October 1

We were flying towards the location of the Injustice League but something made the bioship fall. We landed in the water, vines attacking us. Someone ripped a hole in the ship, making water start to flood the place.

"No. No way I'm nearly drowning three mission in a row," Artemis says angrily.

"Out, everyone out," Aqualad said.

"I-I can't, I'm freezing," I stammer, trying to warm up by hugging myself.

"The water isn't that cold," Kid Flash says.

"I-It's not the water"

"Come on, you're hot. You can't be that cold"

He swims over to me and grabs onto my arm. His eyes widen.

"How is it even possible? Isn't your body supposed to always be hot?"

"I thought so too, my powers can only really be cut off if I'm practically encased in ice. And right now my body is turning to ice from the inside"

"Then what's going on?"

"It must be my sister. She's getting close to completing the-the..."

"Amber, you need to stay with us!"

My eyes started to close and I started to lose feeling in my body. It was so cold.

"She's too strong, you need to save her"

He brought me out of the ship, swimming me to shore. Once we made it I saw my sister standing beside Count Vertigo, a victorious smirk on her face.

"Your sister, the good of the two. You've always wanted me to be evil. You want a villain? I'll show you a villain," she says to me.

I felt my body growing colder now that I was closer to her, her powers stronger with the smaller distance. My eyes closed and I lost all sense of the world around me.