Halloween

Mount Justice
October 31

"Hey, Amber, are you going to the Halloween dance?" Wally says, his green eyes filled with hope.

"Well Megan asked and I agreed, so yes"

I turn and start to walk away but I turn around, catching Wally doing a little celebratory dance. He stopped immediately when he saw I was still there. I smirk, raising an eyebrow.

"Can I ask you something?"

"U-uh, what is it?"

"Do you have multiple pairs of your hero outfit?"

"No, why?"

"Just trying to decide what I should do as a costume. I guess I could always borrow one of Conner's shirts. Or I could ask Robin, pretty sure he has like twenty pairs of his hero uniform"

"No, no! You can borrow mine! I'm not going to wear it anyway so it's cool if you wear it for a couple of hours," he responds quickly.

"Thanks"

"But, why do you want to dress up as a sidekick? Or, I mean, a member of the team?"

"Sidekicks are cool"

A while later, when the others were getting ready for the party, I went out to the mission room. Wally was already there, dressed up as a wolf man. Megan wasn't dressed as anything yet, she was busy wrapping white fabric around Conner to make him a mummy.

"Megan? Why is there two of you and why do you look like me?" Wally asks, eyeing me up and down.

"That's not me," Megan says with a giggle.

I snicker, looking behind him at Megan who shapeshifted her outfit so she was dressed as a zombie bride. Wally looked at Megan then spun back around to look at me and his mouth dropped wide open.

"How do I look?" I ask with a smirk.

I moved the goggles so they were sitting on my forehead. Now that Wally could see it was me, since my eyes were yellow where his were green, his eyes widened as well as his mouth.

"Realistic enough?"

He blinks a couple times, looking like he was still trying to process it. Snow came in, looking down at her phone. "Hey Wally, you-uh-"

She froze when she saw me and Wally, standing side by side. Her eyes flickered between the both of us as she tried to decide which one of us was the real one.

"Amber, you're scaring me," she says, eyes stopping on me.

I shrug. "I've got close to the same hair colour as him, and the freckles. It's weird, we're even close in size"

"Again, you're scaring me. How are you managing to pull that off better than the actual Kid Flash?"

I started laughing and Wally pouted for a second before looking at my sister. "What did you need?"

"Oh, I was wondering where my sister was, I thought you would know because you were the last person she talked to. Anyway, Amber, I wanted to tell you I was invited to hang out with Dick Grayson, you know the guy I was talking about?"

"Yeah, him. Where does he live? You know, just in case I need to come beat him up for you"

"Big mansion in Gotham, says Wayne Manor at the entrance, you can't miss it"

Happy Harbour
October 31

"These people are actually dressed up as me and my sister?" I ask, looking around at the ones not dressed up as any of the other Justice League members.

"You're apart of the team too," Megan reassures me. "Why wouldn't they?"

"Because I was evil"

"But you've changed," Conner says.

"And I'm liking you a lot better on our side," Wally says, flinging an arm around my shoulder. "Now we don't have to fight each other, even though I did enjoy that"

"If you really want to fight me we could always train, but this way one of us doesn't end up taken away to prison"

"Sounds good to me, babe"

"Don't call me babe," I tell him, walking away from him towards the crowd.

I got tons of compliments from everyone there about how authentic and realistic my costume looked. I would only giggle and thank them, finding it funny because it was the actual Kid Flash's suit. I talked with some people then decided to go outside and get some fresh air.

I heard some screaming and ran around the building to see a boy dressed as Batman running into the school, Wally and Conner were standing beside a lifesize Marvin the Martian, but they shifted back into Megan.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask.

"We just got back at some kid trying to prank the school," Wally told me like it were something casual.

"Mhmm"

"What were you doing out here? Didn't you hear him say martians were invading and that they had to stay inside the gym?" Megan asks.

"Even if I did I wouldn't believe that, but I must've gone outside before all of that happened"

"Oh. Anyway, we're going back inside now"

"I'll see you later, I'm going to head back now," I tell them.

"I-I'm going to go with her," Wally says.

"See you," Megan said, walking into the school with Conner.

"Why didn't you go with them?" I ask him, starting to walk away from the school.

"I've had all the fun I wanted," he answers with a shrug.

"What was it you were going to tell me in the exercise? I would have asked before but I was... I was a bit..."

"We were all out of it. But it doesn't matter now, it wasn't very important"

"Are you sure? It sounded like it was, since you were telling me because we were probably going to end up dying"

"I forget what it was"

"Really? That kiss didn't have anything to do with it, it did?"

"N-no"

I roll my eyes. "Whatever excuse makes you feel better," I mumble.

Burning Amber (Kid Flash/Wally x OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें