Chapter 2: Fool That I Am

Author's Note:

Alright, Chapter 2! This one is based on the cover Adele did of Fool That I Am (gorgeous song!) I am going to say right off the bat that there is VERY MILD language in this chapter. Ooh, scary, I know! It actually kind of is to me. I don't swear as a moral obligation to myself, so this is kind of a first for me. However, sometimes the more colorful words can be used to express characters' feelings better than if I were to censor. So that's my long rant about how I don't swear but my characters do :)  The next chapter might not be up for a bit because there's going to be A LOT in it (I have to get all the way to Caesar's interview before I can go on to Chapter 4, which will probably be the longest...maybe...) Anyway, I hope you enjoy, please leave feedback, and if you love it, feel free to vote! Also feel free to NOT vote because IT'S A FREE COUNTRY! Yay :)

Fool that I am for falling in love with you

And fool that I am for thinking you loved me too

You took my heart then played the part of little coquette

And my dreams just disappeared like the smoke from a cigarette

Fool that I am for hoping you'd understand

And thinking you would listen to all of the things

The things I had planned

But we couldn't see eye to eye

So darling

Darling

Darling this is goodbye

Oh

I still care

Fool that I am

Ooh

I still care

Fool that I am

***

The first thing I notice about the room is the curtains. They are probably the most lavish thing in the room, which is saying something considering this room is fancier than any room I have been in before. The couch was covered in actual velvet: something only the middle to upper class got to work with in the textiles. The carpet was downright rich. But the curtains....

The curtains are blood red. I get queasy at just the thought of blood. And now I'll be headed into a bloodbath.

I shudder.

All of a sudden the door slams open. My sister barges in and I run to embrace her. That's all I need right now. To be held in her arms and be told everything's going to be okay.

Instead I am met with a slap across the face. It's so powerful it turns my head and upper torso to the back wall with the curtains. But it's the intent that hurts more than the action itself.

"What the hell were you thinking!?" Ariadne hisses, her voice dangerous. I gingerly touch my cheek where she backhanded me. It's still tender and I wince. I slowly turn back to face my twin. I will the tears to stay in my eyes.

Ariadne takes one look at the hurt in my face and envelops me in her arms.

"Why'd you do it?" she asks stifling a sob. I wrap my arms around her too and we stand there, crying in each other's embrace. My body is racked with them, whereas Ariadne cries silently. I feel her tears fall on to the shoulder of my dress.

Only after several moments do I realize Mom is standing in the doorway. I break away from Ariadne and rush to her. I hug her quickly, then pull away. I have to start being strong. For them if anything. If they see how scared I truly am, I can only imagine what it will do to them. I wipe a tear off of my cheek and gesture for them to sit on the couch. I join them, Mom on my right, Ariadne on my left.