Chapter 1: Bleeding Love

Author's Note:

Alright, here's the first chapter. This one is based on Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis. I'm going to put the lyrics before the start of each chapter, and hopefully put a link to the music in the side (I think they let you put multiple...I hope :) Forgive me if parts seem rushed or too slow, I wrote this at 1 in the morning so things aren't going to be perfect. Please leave feedback, and if you are so motivated, vote! No pressure :) I hope you enjoy it!

Closed off from love

I didn't need the pain

Once or twice was enough

And it was all in vain

Time starts to pass

Before you know it you're frozen

But something happened

For the very first time with you

My heart melts into the ground

Found something true

And everyone's looking round

Thinking I'm going crazy

But I don't care what they say

I'm in love with you

They try to pull me away

But they don't know the truth

My heart's crippled by the vein

That I keep on closing

You cut me open and I

Keep bleeding

Keep, keep bleeding love

I keep bleeding

I keep, keep bleeding love

Keep bleeding

Keep, keep bleeding love

You cut me open

***

I wake with a start. Covered in a sheer layer of sweat, I gasp for air and try to slow down my racing heart. It was just a dream. Nothing but a dream, I whisper to myself, staring at the dim ceiling. The sun has light tendrils grasping at the horizon, not yet six in the morning, but I can't think of going back into a world where I might have to face the dream again. It had started showing up more and more often nowadays. Silently, I push the cold quilt off of my torso while coming to a sitting position. I am careful not to wake Ariadne, sleeping peacefully on the other side of the mat. Her body is curled up to keep in warmth. I took the one source of heat again in my unconscious state last night. I grab the blanket that consists of clothing beyond repair and drape it gently over my sister, lifting the corner of my lip.

Rising from bed, I pad over to the vanity, the one piece of furniture in our bedroom besides the joke of a bed. A round aluminum bowl sits on the surface of the vanity. I grab the ladle in the water bucket at the side of the vanity and scoop some of yesterday's water into the bowl. I was going to have to head to the well sometime in the morning today as we had all taken baths last night. Today is a special today.

I push the thought out of my head by cupping my hands into the bowl. I bring the freezing cold water to my face and hold it there for a second, shocking every nerve in my face. It makes my mind go blank for that glorious moment where there is nothing but me and the surprisingly cold water. Then reality hits again.