Day 34: Documents

Dating had never been quite an ease to them--not when they both claimed to be uninterested of such. They, mostly an undeniable claim of a certain kunoichi from Sunagakure, said that she was heartless enough to not even see herself married to someone else.

However, at the moment, their relationship probably wasn't the best in other people's eyes, but it surely was for themselves, for real love doesn't need people's approval, but only of those two who are in love.

Starting with the usual, casual normality of their demeanours and movements, Temari was unsurprisingly assigned to meet Shikamaru in Konohagakure for urgent matters. Sand, as the Leaf's closest ally, had sworn no matter the aid their partner needs--small or big--they would be there to lend a hand.

A busy jounin, arms full of papers--others falling off from his grips--came running across the hallway. Another came after him, picking whatever had he accidentally dropped, and had his utmost best to not lose his tracks--not that he would, as the hallway was indisputably straight-forward.

"You guys are this busy today, huh," commented Temari, her teal-coloured hues shifting at the fully occupied shinobi earlier until they vanished off their range of sights.

Shikamaru scratched the back of his head. Sighing, he uttered, "You tell me. If only the hokage could have their free time on their own will, things wouldn't be like this."

The latter expressed a scoff as she remembered her little brother because of Shikamaru's remark. "I can tell. Gaara's having it rough, too, but I can say he's getting the hang of it."

"I gotta say, Gaara's amazing to handle something so complex at such a young age," he placed his hands back inside his empty pockets. "If it was me, I don't know. Can't imagine."

"Probably will slack off, but work it off at most after saying how things had been troublesome," responded the lass effortlessly.

Shikamaru hadn't heard himself disagree; he couldn't deem she was wrong. Timely, soonest their conversation ended, they were stopped by huge piles of papers scattered across the hokage's room when the lad had tilted the knob open.

"That kind of a lot, huh," uttered Temari, comical sweat drops escaping her temple.

"...Yeah. Let's get started before night comes," offered Shikamaru which had been immediately agreed by the kunoichi. "With the papers all over the place, we have nowhere else to be but in front of the desk," he fixed a vacant chair next to the hokage's. "You will be sitting here."

"I can work on the floor," suggested her. "I can arrange some of the papers to make room for myself," she said thereafter, worried that she would limit Shikamaru's space with her occupying along.

"I've thought of that, but like I've said, we will be running out of time. These papers shouldn't stay 'til nighttime, they must all be stamped as soon as possible," explained him.

"Alright," responded Temari.

The surroundings came quiet, only the small murmurs from outside their door, and from the building itself could be heard. Inside the hokage's room were only papers sliding against each other, stamps creating a thud against their wooden desk, then were the sounds of their breathing.

Shikamaru unintentionally but occasionally would check up on her, only to see one of the images she would barely show anyone--not even her brothers, at most. Temari had her arms stretched, chests doing quite the exposure. Along it was a weary yawn before putting both of her hands on top of the table again to resume doing her duty.

Unsurprisingly, however, the genius found himself with a seemingly reddish mien, head quickly shaking in displeasure--more so in disgrace. What the hell are you thinking, Shikamaru?!

Noticing that her ally was nothing but distracted, the kunoichi had herself tilting her head slightly to the side in utmost question. "Something wrong?"

"Huh? U-Uh, no, nothing," quickly answered him in hopes that his small stutters were unnoticeable, then mentally commanded himself to prevent more eye contact as continuing would only create more questions.

Shikamaru had once again drowned himself back to stamping papers. He, this time, was indisputably too focused that he hadn't realise he was almost done.

However, instead of reaching the last piece of paper, it was a hand--soft and warm--definitely one from his partner. Both quickly pulled back with Shikamaru delivering a sheepish scratch behind his head. "I, uh--I'll do th--"

Yet was it too late as she had taken it back. "Keep the words to yourself. I'll do that instead," quickly countered the wind user, not even a glance was thrown to the man's direction.

Being not a fan of arguments with anyone in any given time, the genius had just let Temari do what she wished. However, as the clock ticked, he began stealing glances of the woman he was with, thereafter unnecessary thoughts crossed his mind. The red tints that had spread across his countenance not long ago had vanished in immediacy.

"Temari," called him.

Though her attention was necessary at the moment, the female retained her teal-coloured gazes on the last paper she had to stamp on yet her ears were lent for Shikamaru's following words.

"H-Have you ever thought of getting children?"

Doubt definitely was sensed in the latter's voice but it had been put to the side as his words surely had surprised Gaara's sister, making her unconsciously stamp on the paper she'd been checking. "...Thought of getting what?"

"Children," calmly responded Shikamaru this time, but tinges of velvet still were visible on his cheeks. "Have it ever crossed your mind?"

Due to the embarrassment she currently was feeling, her pair of eyes refused to look at the man and only opted to stare at the piece of paper she had accidentally crumpled earlier, though only slightly. Whilst she stared blankly at it, Temari failed to notice that the stamp for the paper to be distributed in Konoha was actually of Suna's.

Even if her state was presently imbalanced, she still attempted to speak calmly as she could. "C-Children, huh," yet with her voice cracking, she certainly was aware that she already had failed. "If you want to create a family, I guess wanting to have your own children is a necessity. W-Why did you ask that out of the blue?"

I want to have an idea just in case--

"Nothing of the sort. It just, uh, crossed my mind is all."

Temari couldn't deny the fact that the reason behind his uttering indeed sent a twinge but she had just shaken that off. "Is that so," voice did sound low and disinterested compared from how she responded a minute or two ago. Of course, being married with me isn't his cup of tea. Why does that even surprise me? What am I even expecting?

After that, she stood, and bid her farewell.

She looked annoyed... Did I say anything wrong? Was the thought of having babies with her annoyed her that much? Shikamaru could only sigh.

Sun had shown brightly yet before it actually did, Kakashi already was sitting on the chair designated for the likes of him. On one of Konoha's papers was a stamp that was actually of those of Suna's.

Sigh.

It wasn't of disappointment; it's just that he didn't expect little works like these would still get mistakes. "...Shikamaru, Temari, you have to focus on your work more. Good thing it was just a leaflet that's to be distributed to people. What if this is an important document?" Albeit the eye visible looked like it was touched with apathy, it also held something as if both were acting suspicious. They don't usually make errors like this.

"Right, we're sorry," answered Shikamaru for both him and Temari. After, a scratch was delivered behind his head.

Kakashi motioned for Shikamaru to lean closer. With his tone low, and muttered, "Were you able to find a way to reconcile with her?"

Utterly surprised, Yoshino's son stepped back, eyes surely shot wide. H-He knew?!