Day 6: Sleeping In

A nod was given to Temari by the current Hokage, Tsunade. She was, then again, ordered to deliver pieces of important documents to Konohagakure, respectively to the Hokage. Their meeting just ended, with Tsunade dismissing her from her duty.

A sigh escaped her lips as she went out from the room. The door clicked close; Temari made her way outside the quarters.

She opened a small scroll and read its contents. Tomorrow is scheduled as my official leave from the allied village. Staying in an inn would be more efficient as of the moment.

There are three inns close to the Konoha gates, but she wasn't sure if they still have an available room or bed for her to stay in. Without much of a change in her facial expression, she entered the farthest of the three inns. Pragmatically speaking, since it's the farthest, there shouldn't be of much people. Yet, she was wrong.

Inside the inn was jampacked. Simultaneous chit-chats from the people had overlapped each other, which sounded like more of buzzes now. It was noisy, but she didn't pay much attention.

Being known to be the second strongest wind users among all shinobi, one of the inn keepers was able to tell who Temari was. "Temari-san!" He waved once to get the lass' attention.

"..?"

"Aren't you Temari, shinobi of Sunagakure, a wind user?"

She only looked at the latter. Though he's considered an ally, the blonde always never fail to let her guard up to people she barely and/or doesn't know. "Sorry for being rude. I am the owner of this inn, my name's Rio. It's unfortunate that you came when it's crowded in here. Suddenly, a group of people was sent to every village to observe, to see the improvement. They're supposedly on their ways to Amegakure, but it's already late. So the gatekeepers didn't let them out. They have to wait until tomorrow to leave."

It was quite convenient that this man spoke to her. If not, it would be hard for her to search for more inns she could stay in temporarily. Temari was about to speak when when she was halted, for the man she was about to talk to was talking to someone else. Surprisingly, the blonde patiently kept quiet until the man had the time.

Rio nodded as his friend went off.

"Excuse me," began the shinobi of Suna. "Do you possibly know if there's another inn I can go to? Just for the night."

"Oh, well... My friend just came and told me there's nowhere else that is available for people to go to. We were planning to send the other customers to another inn, but unfortunately, there wasn't any that has at least a little pace," he frowned. "I could let you in but..," Rio darted his hues around his place. "It's currently full. Well, actually, more than full."

"Okay," said Temari, turning away from the innkeeper.

"Where are you going?" Asked Rio worriedly.

"I don't exactly know where. Probably the rooftop," with that, the lass vanished off from his sight. Even if he tried to stop her and stay, it will be useless since she had nowhere to stay.

Unlucky. I wanted to tell her I like her, though. Rio shook his head and continued his business.

On a certain house was where Temari went. She remained sitting at the edge of the rooftop, feet slightly swaying and dancing together as the wind blew. Teal hues landed on the small sight of Konoha. Something to be treasured, indeed...

"Temari?" Asked a familiar man.

The lass didn't had to turn back to know who it was. She was certain of who the person is. "If you're going to ask, there isn't an inn available for me to stay. That's why I'm here. You?"

Geez, seriously. She's fast. Shikamaru scratched the back of his head. "On my way home," cheaply replied the lad. Without thinking much, he found himself sitting next to the female.

"Aren't you going home?" Slightly surprised, Temari asked.

"Well, yeah," he said, then averted his gaze to the side. But I can't just simply leave a girl here, let alone it's late. Besides... His gazes then returned to the woman, she was feeling cold. Not surprising. With that outfit, people sure will quickly feel cold. He told himself whilst scanning the lass with her noir-coloured outfit. Without hesitation, he took his jacket off and placed it on her. "That might help ease the cold you're feeling. At least, even for a bit."

Temari only clutched the jacket closer, telling the pineapple-haired male that what he thought of was right.

She was quiet the whole time, and he felt like it was the correct moment to break the ice. Shikamaru spoke again. "Have you ever thought of living here?"

Temari finally turned to him. "I cannot deny that the outskirts of Konoha is better than Suna but..," she gazed far; far enough for a person to tell that she was contemplating the ground. "If we do reach the right time, I wouldn't mind," then grinned at him.

If we reach the right time?

Shikamaru began moving closer to Temari to help her get more warmth. He was about to put his arms around her when...

"Finally! I've been looking everywhere for you, Shikamaru!"

The familiar voice of a certain blonde male ninja echoed in his ears. He didn't even have to turn behind him to know who it was. Shikamaru only sighed silently. Ruining special moments is one of the things where he's good at. "The Hokage's looking for you."

"Temari," called the pineapple-haired male. "I'll get going now. See you," though Shikamaru knew it was unlike him to tell her that he's leaving, he still felt the need to inform her.

After that, both Naruto and Shikamaru disappeared. A few seconds later, the males landed in front of the quarters' entrance. Naruto only elbowed him to his side. "So, why are two alone?" A mischievous smirk ran across his lips. "I knew you were dating."

"Shut up, Naruto. We're only doing this because we were assigned to," explained the noir-haired lad, and not planning to argue with Naruto further.

Yet, for the blonde, there's no stopping him from teasing. He went on until they reached the front door leading to the Hokage's room. Ignoring him like the usual, Shikamaru went inside.

"I won't beat around the bush, Shikamaru," said Tsunade before he could even bow before her. "You need to go with Temari as she goes back to Suna tomorrow, and investigate the reason why a lot of dead bodies has been spotted there. If you have seen proofs, go back here immediately. You are dismissed, Shikamaru. As for you, Naruto, stay here," she ended quickly.

Shikamaru bowed before her, and walked off. The mission sounded serious, but he couldn't seem to get the courage to remove the smile that was carved on his lips as soon as he left the room.

I'm going to be with her, huh?

Upon getting the thought, all he felt was that he was excited for tomorrow.