Chapter Three: DeathScythe

DeathScythe is based on a character @Tycomaru played in a roleplay of mines just adapted for this Book. 

-

Chapter Three: Live another day

Ruby ran upstairs angrily. Felicity had no right to ask why or at least that's what Ruby thought. "Ruby!" Someone called. 

"Richard! Just leave me alone to cool off" Ruby yelled back. 

"It's not Richard" The voice said back. She froze recognizing the voice. "Kane..." She growled. She turned slowly and saw the man standing at the end of the hallway. If she ran quick enough she could get to her room where her spare bow was. It was a game of chicken waiting for who would move first.

"So, you invited Oliver Queen to the party.. I wonder how he will react when he meets me" The man said smiling under his terrifying mask. It was black with an eerie stitched white smile on it. 

"Not if your dead before he gets a chance" She told him glaring at him. 

"I wonder how you got him here... He's younger now so it's not the one I have locked up.. Hmm.. Well, A chats a chat but my dear doll wants you to join her collection" He said his hand going to the top of his back and pulling a long sword out it's sheath.

Ruby took a deep breathe and ran down the hall. She didn't stop for anything knowing that it probably didn't matter what state she was in when he brought her to his doll.  She ran to the room she claimed her own and threw the door open and ran inside frantically searching for her spare bow and her arrows. She then saw it a bow with a green paint on it. "The Arrow's bow.. You always come in handy" She picked up the old bow and a sheath full of arrows. She loaded the bow and stepped into the hall looking for Kane.

With him no where in sight fear pounced on her heart like a hungry animal. She was a good archer but if she couldn't see her target she was defenceless. She turned her head and then she saw her brother Max at the banister of the stairs looking down at the party. There Kane was approaching him from the opposite side to Ruby. 

"Max!" Ruby yelled trying to get a shot but it was impossible without hurting Max. Kane had his arm around his throat. She ran over to him. Oliver, Felicity, John, Richard and Wally were now in the reception area looking up at the banister at Kane, Ruby and Max. 

"No, Let him go Kane... Not him" Ruby pleaded her eyes had no tears but her voice was broken.

"Then dear... Put the bow down and come with me.." Kane said pointing his sword at her. 

"Is my mother still alive?" Ruby asked. 

"Why don't you come with me and find out?" He said. 

She dropped the bow and the sheath. "No! Ruby... Don't leave me" Max said struggling under Kane's grip. Kane pushed Max away down the stairs where he stumbled but caught his balance. 

"Lets go!" He said grabbing her arm tightly. 

"One thing" She said her voice sounded said but as she looked out she had a angry expression. "Don't touch my family again!" She hissed. She had hidden an arrow on the inside of her sleeve. She dropped the arrow into her hand and her arm flew around and jabbed the arrow into his neck. 

"You can tell Milla that she isn't getting Max, She isn't getting me and I will get my parents back" She growled and threw him out the former frame of the window. There was a thud as his body hit the concrete. 

"He will get up in an hour, Stupid drug" She groaned walking down the stairs and to Max and hugged him.  "Thank god you're alright" She said holding him tightly.

"Who was that?" Oliver asked from downstairs. Ruby bit her lip and walked downstairs. 

"His name is Kane but his alias is DeathScythe, He likes to think he controls Milla who he often refers to as his doll" Ruby explained to him.

"He has your mother?" Oliver asked. 

Ruby nodded "My father, He dared to stand up for what was right and they took him and my mother, He I cannot get back but I may have a chance of getting my mother back" She said.

"I brought you here because I know who you are, The Green Arrow, Your city really needs you and your team" She told him her voice ached and you could tell by her tone.

"Will you help those people?" Felicity asked. "The ones suffering in the streets?" 

"Yes, I will, It's my duty" She told her.

"I want to help her" Felicity said looking at Oliver. John nodded in agreement. Oliver looked at Ruby whose eyes just stared at his.

"We will help you" Oliver said.

"Thank you" She said and she turned and walked away. She went inside her room and shut the door. She then locked the door and sat with her back to it. She then broke down in tears.

-

A large warehouse sits in the middle of Starling City. A motorbike drives up outside the warehouse and an injured man stumbles off it clutching his neck which was slowly healing. He stumbled inside and inside harboured a couple of thousand criminally insane people. He managed to push past the men and women who looked at him with a hungry grin. He then came to some steps which he stumbled up. 

He then came to a door which he flung open. Inside was Milla with darts in her hand. She turned her head "Kane? Where's the siblings?" She asked.

"The girl stabbed me in the throat" He told her. 

She tutted. Turning her head back to the dart board lining up a shot. "You can't even kidnap two teenagers? You're useless sometimes Kane, But I guess that's why I love you" She said smiling. She felt his arms wrap around her waist before she could fire her shot. She laughed.

"You got stabbed in the neck hun' shouldn't you rest?" She said.

"Ah, That drug my father was injected with kind of heals quicker so I'm in speedy recovery" He told her grinning. 

"Well, As much as I would love to spend time with you, We need to pay a visit to those two siblings, Father" She told him turning her head slightly to peck his lips. He nodded.

"I will wait for you there" He told her and he left the same door he came in. Milla smiled and put all the darts down but one. 

She lined it up and threw it hitting dead centre. "Right on Ruby's forehead, Bulls eye" She said and laughed. "The Blue Arrow... You should of stuck to coward" She said and left the room.