Chapter Two: The Girl in the Hood

"Hey! Hey! Don't hurt him? Please?" Felicity babbled to the woman with the arrow in Oliver's face.

 "So, He's with you?" She asked.

"He's our friend please don't kill him" Felicity begged and the girl lowered her bow and helped the stranger up. She then looked at three. They were in some alleyway beside Thea's club but it was old and desolate. 

"Okay, First and Last names now" The girl asked her hand on her hip.

"Felicity Smoke" 

"John Diggle"

"Oliver Queen"

The girl laughed "Of all the people he could of brought through it had to be you three" She kicked a nearby bin sending it into the wall. "Success" She said smirking. 

"What are you talking about?" Oliver asked.

"You've been brought to the year 2039 guys, Welcome to Starling City, A hellhole" She said and turned on her heel and began to walk. 

"What? Are you trying to say that was some time portal thing?" Felicity said walking quickly behind the hooded girl. John and Oliver followed intrigued by the things this girl was saying. 

"Yeah, I can't believe it worked! Wally West certainly can run!"  She said with a smile. 

"Portals are for science fiction movies, This isn't a science fiction movie, But I was curious to what was behind it" John said.

"Let me take you to my hideout, A former home of mine, You may recognize it" She told them climbing up a ladder to a roof. The others followed. They were on a tall roof overlooking the crime ridden city. Four fires could be seen and only one was actually being put out. Queen Consolidated rose in the middle like a beacon of hope in the destruction. 

"Come on, We have a far way to go before we get there" She told them. 

"What happened to the city?" Oliver asked her.

"The Green Arrow... He was taken... Along with his team and were never seen since, Crime was left to plague this city, I am one of the few left alive to help restore it to its former glory" She told them. "My mother and Father were also one of the few taken... I'm the only one looking for them" 

She didn't show tears but she showed anger. "Let's go, We won't survive when the sun rises" She told them jumping from rooftop to rooftop. Oliver did it with ease but Felicity needed slight help with it.

They jumped down into another alleyway where the girl stopped. "I'm Ruby by the way" She told them. "We are going to make a dangerous run for it  now, The safety is in the ruins of Queen Manor, If you see anyone run and don't look back" She told them before the three could question her she ran off and the others ran after her.

Ruby didn't stop running for anything. Felicity ran but she paid a glance at the street and saw crime. A person's house getting robbed, A woman being attacked and people just running past. Felicity nearly stopped until someone grabbed her hand. She looked up and saw Ruby. "Keep Running, If we get involved the price is worse for them."

Soon they were at the gates to the Queen Manor. Ruby threw her bow and quiver over and began to climb. Oliver flowed shortly by John and finally by Felicity and the four ran inside the ruined remains of Queen Manor. Oliver looked in sadness at his family home. Ivy had grown and fallen from a large whole in the roof. Some support beams had fallen and crushed some familiar places. 

"It's difficult to see it this way I know... The Queen family were very kind to me when my father passed.. He was apart of their company quite high up" Ruby told them pulling her blue hood down. She then walked into the living area.