Chapter 8

Stella's POV

He was at her house. Not only was he at her house but her was in the palm of her hand...Or she was in the palm of his. Whoever had who on rails didn't matter. Her mind was racing either way.

It had been a solid two weeks. She cried once and definitely not in front of Aiden and she was feeling a little better about herself. Definitely because of Aiden. He was by her side everyday, making her laugh, annoying the crap out of her, embarrassing her.

It was like the years before never ended...except with the secret smiles and the kissing. She would have definitely remembered those, especially if they left her as breathless as he was leaving her now.

They'd been sitting on the couch studying, but it was Friday anyway and she was bored so she threw her books down and climbed into his lap. He'd looked her over an obvious hungry look in his eyes as he glanced up her long bare leg. She was wearing her workout spandex and one of those loose cut off shirts.

He showed up unexpectedly and she hadn't had time to change. But not like it did her any good, he simply pulled his book from under her and set it in her lap, continuing to highlight. She sighed and stuck her tongue out at him, running a hand through his hair. He smiled a little a looked up her again.

The textbook was off of her in seconds, his big hand running up and down her waist. She smiled and lowered herself to his lips. He met her halfway. Kissing her roughly and pulling her closer. Stella pulled away with a smile. "I don't think this is how you play hard to get."

He chuckled but then shushed her as he brought her face back down to his. 

That went on a lot longer than either of them expected. Somehow they'd made it to her bedroom better for Stella if someone came home early. But still making her a bit nervous, him being in her bed in all.

But they weren't doing anything anymore, all the work of making out up the stairs had caused for a break.

Now Aiden was stretched out on her blue bedspread, arms above his head eyes closed and breath even. Stella was sitting by his feet her legs crossed and leaning back against the foot board. her eyes had been glued to the way his shirt rose away from his jeans showing the slightest bit of his olive stomach.

She hadn't realized when one of his eyes opened and his mouth forming a small smirk. "You okay?"

Stella's head snapped up and her cheeks flushed. She ducked down a little and smiled shyly. "Yeah, fine thanks."

He chuckled and patted the space beside him. She climbed up her bed and right into his arms. He pulled her close to him,  resting his cheek in her hair.She tried to remember if she'd washed it or not. Hopefully she had.

"I mean with everything." He murmured. "You're doing fine?"

"Yes. I'm doing just fine." She smiled a little because she basically was. He looked down into her eyes and she could tell he believed her. He was usually good at calling her out on her bullshit.

He gave her a small squeeze and then continued, "And us, you're okay with us?"

She looked up at him, definitely not expecting that question. Also not knowing how to answer it.

Of course she was happy with how things were going. They only fought about stupid things like they always have, nothing threatening to their relationship and they were getting closer and closer. Close enough for her to tell him the first time she saw him she thought he was cute. Close enough to tell him that her sister intimidated her even when she didn't try.

But not quite close enough to tell him sometimes she didn't feel good enough. Especially when he had so many female friends. It was like he was a fucking pimp. It amazed her how he was nice to every single girl he saw. Even the ugly ones!