Risky Night

"Rosa, just jump!"
"No! This is insane!"
"Look, you have 20 seconds or I'll make sure you're on the ground fine or not!"

I took a deep breath and counted down to let go. I felt the air on my chest and felt my feet hit the grass. I turned towards my best friend and gave her a worried look.

"You're fine, let's go!"

I run over to Jasmine's car, where she peels away quietly from the neighborhood until we're at a safe distance.
"I really don't know why you pushed me to do this, what if we get caught? Or I can't get back in the house?"
"First off, you needed a distraction from all this dumb drama in your house and secondly a night out is good for the soul." she laughs while she messes around with the radio.

"Also, rumor has it that a celebrity will be at the club so who are we to miss that?
"And if the rumors aren't true?"
"We'll have fun regardless."

****

Thanks to Jasmine's connections we were able to get in for free. The music bumped from every corner of the place and everyone is shouting or dancing on the dance floor. Whatever celebrity appearing definitely brought a huge crowd. We headed over to a table where most of our friends were drinking or eating. After an hour of talking and dancing, Jasmine runs towards me on the dance floor, pushing people out of the way and yelling my name.

"Oh my god MOVE! Rosa, we gotta go now!"
"What? What's wrong, calm down!"
"No, your mom is here in the club, we have to go!"

My chest tightens as soon as I looked behind her and see my mom standing near the bar area, her head turning in each direction. she starts heading over to the table next to the one our friends were sitting.
"Shit."
We push towards the area near the bathrooms and start looking for an exit. We're in a multicolored lit hallway where multiple doors run along each side.

"Jas which one?!"
"I don't know! Ok let's do this, You go through one and I'll make my way towards the entrance to get the car towards the alley. Keep your phone in your hand and I'll call."
"Safe Bet." We fist-bumped for good luck and I watched her run back towards the crowd. I look back at the doors and looking for a sign. Footsteps and two loud voices start to sound closer.
'Ah just pick one Rosalina!'
I pick the one closest to the back of the hallway and shut myself in. Lucky me that the door was unlocked for some rea-

"Hey, you can't scare me like that!"
I turn to see a tall guy looking at me. He had a smirk to show he was joking but changed to a concerned look when he saw my face.
"You're not my friend, who are you?"
"And this isn't an exit, oh my god you're Brandon James."
"Yes, and your outfit is a bit torn up on the side as well."

Torn? I looked down and gasped. there's a huge tear starting from my thigh and halfway up my stomach, showing a bit of the underwear I'm wearing.
"I didn't know this happened I swear!"
"Uh huh."
"And I'm just looking for an exit I thought this was the exit but it's you! you're famous and I'm a fan too not like a big extra in love fan but I do like your music and I'm rambling."

I stop myself to catch a breath and hide most of the tear with my arm. Brandon looks at me for a quick second and walks over to a suitcase where he pulls out a black dress with red roses running up both sides.
"You wear dresses?"
"Haha no. Too tight, this is some extra outfits for other artists. You can change behind the curtain here."
"No one will notice it's gone?"
"Nope. there's many more, consider it a gift as you explain to me why you're really here." He gives me a smile and my heart melts a little. Brandon James right in front of me! I walk behind the curtain and start to change out of my dress while I talk.

"So what happened is that I'm running away from someone who can make my life hell if she sees me here so I come to the back looking for a way out but I heard some voices behind me and I panicked and picked your room. So. I'm sorry for intruding but also-" I step out from behind and face him. His hazel eyes widen for a second but he quickly coughs to compose himself.
"Thank you for the dress. It's very lovely and thanks for not kicking me out."
"Of course, anything for my fans." He winks and we both laugh. He walks over to the door and opens it, letting me go first.
"I know which door is the exit. After you love." I blush and follow him towards the door with a red handle and he pulls it open, leading to the alley where I see Jasmine pulls up just in time. She honks and yells to hurry up.

"Thank you again, Brandon. I owe you one"
"It's my pleasure. I never got your name?"
"Rosalina, Rosalina Alvaro"
"Rosalina..that's a pretty name. Good luck on your escape"
"Thank you, have fun tonight" I give him a small wave which he returns and I run over to the car, meeting Jasmine's shocked face.
"Girl is that-?"
"Girl yes but we got to go now!" She pushes on the gas and drives out of the alley to head back towards my house.

What a night.

*****

Hi everyone! I know it's been YEARS but I wanted to bring this here. I have kept this since 2014 and thought it'd be nice to share it. I'm still awful at editing but let me know if you're interested!

Much love.