Chapter 3 : Seo Office

Early Morning. Minseok Residences. 

I walk down the staircase, walking straight down the door alongside the head maid of Minseok. "Don't forget to let the two body guards escort Jung-Ah directly to her classroom, alright? Also, make sure she doesn't come in contact with any strangers once she exits school. Do you understand, Yuri?" 

She nods, "Yes, I understand. I will inform the others of your order. But ma'am, may I ask why you are doubling her guards?" "I just.. want a secure feeling from now on." I clear my throat, returning the same gesture, but before taking a step out the front door, a voice hollers out from the distance, "Mommy!" I glance back to find Jung-Ah, embracing my torso with a frown. I knelt down, "What are you doing so early in the morning? Your school doesn't start until much later, dear." She shakes her head, staring at me anxiously.

"Mommy.. Where did you go last night? Aunt Ji Hye told me that you went to meet a friend, but I waited for you the whole night, Mommy. You didn't come back.." I rub both her shoulders, "Mommy is sorry, Jung-Ah. I had to deal with work last night. I hope you didn't wait that long." She puts up an innocent smile, "That's okay, Mommy. Just as long as you're back and safe now." She lands a long kiss on my cheek, "Good luck with work today, Mommy! I love you!" 

I help up a smile, pecking her back on her tiny nose. "I will. Thank you, Jung-Ah." I straighten my back, "I love you more. See you later tonight." I finally head out the door, greeting each one of the maid that came to see me off. I enter the vehicle, watching Jung-Ah tiptoe as she waves farewell. I lean by against my seat, "Drive me to the office." "Yes, ma'am." The car motions out the area, leading it's way towards the city. 

Gangnam District. Seo Head Office. 

I dive my nose down the paperwork due this month, signing and reviewing the necessary documents to be passed down. It's only one in the afternoon, and yet, it feels like forever since the short hand remain in the clock's position. I sigh, dropping everything in my hand as I ease my aching neck. 

In the same exact moment, my phone starts ringing. I reach out to answer it, "Hello?" "Hi, Honey. You at work right now?" I curve my lips upward, forming a small smile as I stand from my office chair, "Yes. I'm caught up with paperwork right now, but I can spare a bit of time. So, how's your seminar in Ulsan coming along?" 

"It's coming along great, honey. Ah, that reminds me, I tried calling you last night. But you didn't pick up, were you busy with something?" "..Oh, last night.. I was meeting with a friend last night. Sorry about not picking up." "Ah no no, it's fine. I just wanted to see how things are going along with you and Jung-Ah." 

I plaster a small smile, playfully twirling bits of my hair, "We're doing great, honey. I hope you come home safetly tomorrow. We really do miss you." "I miss you both as well. And don't worry, I'll be home before you know it." A distant voice from the background sounded at the opposite end of the phone, "Anyway, I have to go now. The second seminar is about to being in less than a minute. I'll call you back tonight, alright? I love you." 

"Mmh. Good luck, honey! I love you too!" The both of us hang up, contently filled with each other's warmth. I let out a sigh through my nostrils, proceeding to continue with my work when suddenly, my telephone line started to ring. I reach out to answer it.

"Ah, Ms. Seo! There is a visitor wanting to see you today." "I don't remember holding any appointment today, Ji-sun. Kindly check your binder if I do, if not, then please send that person away. I am very busy with work as it is." There was a second of pause in between the conversation, "I'm sorry, ma'am. But the person persist in meeting you right now. Should I send him up?"