CHAPTER SIX

Dad's World Buffet, SM Megamall

Josh arrived first at the place. He is wearing a casual shirt that is very fitted in his masculine body, paired with denim jeans and sneakers. As soon as he seated on a vacant table, he already saw Stephanie approaching. She's wearing a floral off-shoulder top paired with denim pants and floral flat shoes with a black Michael Korrs sling bag at her side. He stood and waived at her from the restaurant. She smiled and immediately made her way inside.

"Sorry. Am I late?" she asked.

"Nope. I'm just early." He said as he looked at his wrist watch showing 5:45pm.

"You're actually early. 5:45 pa lang." he said.

She slightly laughed. "So we're both early. You're just earlier than me."

"I couldn't agree more." He said while laughing.

"So? Shall we start getting our food or what? Nasa buffet tayo right?" Steph asked.

"Yeah let's go." He answered.

Their dinner went smoothly. They're both comfortable with each other as they shared more personal stuff like their hobbies, likes and dislikes. Their eyes sparkle as they continue to talk to each other. They're both in awe seeing each other eating a lot. But Josh noticed something different about her.

"Steph?" he asked after taking a sip from his soda.

"Hmm?" Steph answered and wiped her mouth with a table napkin and added "Yes?"

"Bakit ganyan ka?" he asked again.

She started to be confused on what's he's asking.

"What are you trying to say?" she asked confusedly.

"Nag undergo ka ba ng Princess 101 training?" he asked.

Her heart started beating rapidly, she tried to blend in with the commoners and tried to act like one but her table manners will always be present. But good thing she's smart and was able to make a cover story in her head in case he started asking.

She laughed and said, "Princess 101 training? Meron bang ganun? Bat mo naman nasabi?"

"Wala naman. Tell me. Rich kid ka no? You don't even need to work. Siguro may nagaantay ng higher position sayo sa company nyo pero ayaw mo lang tanggapin." He said.

She laughed again and answered, "Alam mo ikaw kaka-nood mo ng mga series yan eh. Pero you're partly right. I want to have my own life. Ayokong diktahan ng family ko ang buong buhay ko. That's why I left them and decided to live on my own."

"Why? Nasaan ba ang family mo?" he asked out of curiosity.

"My family migrated in London when I was in grade school and decided to comeback to have my own life here sa Philippines." She answered.

"So that's where you got your accent. How old are you again?" he asked.

"I'm 19. But I already got a degree. I studied online pagkabalik ko dito sa Philippines. Ikaw ba ilang taon ka na?" She replied.

"I'm 27." He laughed. "I know I'm way too old than you. But actually ngayon na magkasama tayo, you seemed to be more matured than me. The way you think, the way you plan your life. Wow. I don't know what to say."

Josh just smiled and can't help himself but to admire the young lady in front of her who's very independent and very responsible as such a young age. A lot of typical Filipinos that he knew that's around her age don't think the same as she is. He already knew that's something is special with her the first time he met her but he didn't expected her to be this special and extra ordinary.

"Do you have plans after dinner?" he asked.

"Wala naman. Why? Are you asking me out?" she said and laughed.

"Actually, I am." He answered in a shy voice.

"Eh nasa labas na tayo ah." She laughed while teasing him.

"I know you know what I mean." He said.

"I know. I'm just teasing you. So where are you taking me?" she asked.

"Just come with me and trust me, you will not forget this night." He smiled and offered his hand.

Stephanie reached his hand and they left the restaurant while holding each other's hand.

They went for an instant road trip spending almost 2 hours passing the traffic of EDSA, heading south, reaching SLEX and finally stopped in a cafe bar in Paranaque. After Josh parked his car, they stayed inside his car and he asked. "Do you party?"

"Of course! Anong akala mo sa akin? Hindi lang ako umiinom, I'm allergic." Steph replied.

"Don't worry I won't let you drink either. That's not good for a first date." He said.

She smiled and asked "So what's this place? Ang ganda ng view. I never thought na maganda palang tignan ang Laguna de bay at night most especially if under the moon light."

"I knew it. Magugustuhan mo nga yung place. Maganda tong cafe bar na to. It's a place to chill and transformed into a party house at midnight. So tamang tama since 10pm pa lang naman. We can chill here muna and then party afterwards." He explained.

"I love the place. Thanks for bringing me here." She said while smiling.

They looked on each other's eyes. A moment of silence, they both smiled, Stephanie felt her heart pounding and suddenly it calms down when he reached for her hand. She knew it. She's falling for him. Being with him makes her feel comfortable and secure.

"You're beautiful." He said. He really admired the lady in front of her. Her simplicity made him admire her more.

"Alam mo bolero ka? Let's go. I want to enjoy the view." She said as she looked away and pulled her hands to fix her things.

"Gusto mong iwan yung bag mo dito sa car?" he asked as he tried to regain himself.

"No need, it's just a small bag. I can manage." She replied.

They went inside the cafe bar with a little awkward air. He ordered her a milkshake just like his and she liked it. But Steph is still quiet and so is he.

Stephanie is thinking about her life in the Philippines and her real life in Blois. She knew that he's falling for him and falling in love is not part of her escape plan for her royalty life. She's scared because she knew that she can hide forever and one day she needs to go back to Blois to fulfill her duty.

The awkward silence ended when Steph accidentally had a whip cream on her nose as she drinks her milkshake and both of them laughed.

"Sorry." She said while laughing.

"Ok lang ano ka ba. Masyado yatang malalim yung iniisip mo eh kaya hindi mo napansin." He said.

She responded with a smile.

"You're really pretty most especially when you smile." Josh told her and he reached for her hands.

"I know we only knew each other for such a short time. But the day that I met you, I already knew that something's special with you. As I know you more, I kept on falling for you." He said.

Stephanie knew that it was a bad idea to be in a relationship. But since she doesn't have plans on being involved in serious relationships, she decided to give this one a chance. She knew that this relationship will not be that serious as they barely know each other.

"Why are you telling me this? First date pa lang natin." She said.

"I know. Pero ayoko na rin patagalin. I like you Steph. Will you be my girlfriend?" he finally asked.

And she replied. "Sure. Bakit naman hindi-" she wasn't able to finish what she's saying because he already kissed her.

And the party music started.

To be continued...