Chapter: 1; Moving

• Dedicated to Dad, RIP xx

I woke up to the sound of my alarm on my iPod blaring out that it was time to wake up and get on with the day, to start packing up my few belongings into my suitcase and boxes. I was moving down south to live with my mother, leaving behind my father and the places I knew.

Recently mum and dad have been fighting a lot, arguing like there's no tomorrow, mainly over me, and other irreverent things. They argue about my future, about my past and how it will affect my future, about the family and what would happen to me, stuff that really doesn't even matter, and things that don't even make sense.

So as I get out of my comfortable, warm bed and into the shower I can hear my parents already at it, I mean come on, it's only 5:30am, why can't they wait for a few hours when people are in a clear mind and not still in a sleepy state.

As I slipped into the shower I caught a few words as I closed the door, they were in the lines of 'it's only going to hurt you' and 'you can't influence her, it's her decision', see they make no sense, I mean yes, they can't tell me what to do in my life, because it's my life, but what's going to hurt mum or dad for that matter, I don't really care about my mother though, that may seem harsh, but we have never really have gotten along, we are like polar opposites, she is the dark while me and my father are the light, -well that's what I think-, my father and I get on well, we have the same thoughts sometimes, and mother gets pissed off a lot when we do, she keeps saying 'you're going to turn into your father one day'. If only I could, my dad is amazing, we are so alike, but because of that, mum has split us up, she's making me move south, where her family is, while leaving my dad here, up north.

When I got into the shower I washed my long black hair with orange smelling shampoo and conditioner then shaved and scrubbed clean with mango and passion fruit body gel. Once I had stepped out and wrapped a fluffy black towel around me, I walked out of the bathroom and back into my bedroom, looking through my few pieces of clothing left in my wardrobe, I picked out; dark skinny jeans, a camouflage knitted jumper, black matching underwear and my favourite pair of green and black hi-tops with black socks. I dried myself and slipped on my clothes. Once I was fully clothed I slid down the stairs, and jumped off at the bottom, that earnt a speech from my all ready pissed off mother.

"FELICITY SPARROW KNIGHT, DON'T YOU DARE DO THAT AGAIN, YOU COULD HAVE MOVED YOUR LAZY LEGS AND WALKED DOWN THE STAIRS, IT WOULD ONLY HAVE TAKEN A FEW EXTRA MOMENTS" Mum screamed at me as I entered the kitchen

I scoffed, that few extra moments by not taking the stairs would have been useful somewhere else, but no, it had to be wasted with her shouting at me. I walked further into the kitchen and towards the fridge where I took out large fruit yoghurt pot, then I went over to the draws and took out a spoon and jumped on to the kitchen side. Just as I was about to take the lid off and dive in, mum ranted again,

"Felicity, I hope you're not going to eat it straight out of the pot, put it in a bowl, and sit at the damn table"

I ignored her, took the lid off and dived in, the taste of the mangoes, and other exotic fruit exploded in my mouth, just a delicious taste, but as usual the moment was short lived.

"I told you to put it in a bowl and sit at the bloody table" Mum scowled, gosh, someone in a pissy mood as normal, maybe she is regretting moving I thought as I carried on eating the yoghurt from the pot, and stayed seated on the kitchen side.

"But it's more washing up" I said back, carrying on eating the delicious yoghurt

Mum knew there was no point in arguing with me further, I wouldn't put it in a bowl, I never did and I never will, I always sit on the kitchen side in the mornings, and I'm not going to break that habit because she doesn't like it, but then again this is my mother we are talking about and today she decided is the day to carry on arguing.