Chapter 7

"Oh, Chris! You dating my daughter yet?" my dad elbows Chris.

"Just saying, I could NEVER date Chris. That's just gross." I sit next to my mother.

my mom continues crying.

"Why are you so sad, Mrs. Knight?" Crawf sits next to me and Chris sits next to Amber.

"I thought everyone should know but... I'm pregnant." my mom finally says.

Amber runs out the door with something obviously in her pocket.

I penny board to the park, knowing she would be there. she was, and she was smoking something.

"Hey! why'd you run out?" I skate over to her.

"I just did..." she tries to hide the joint.

"Give me the pot." I hold out my hand. She gives up and gives it to me. we sit on the bench.

"So, why are you doing pot and why did you run out?" I ask.

"Because. I can't handle this. You don't even know the depression, anxiety and bullying. Then mom gets knocked up" she sighs.

"You have it good. 2 years ago that all happened to me, even the family ignored me, and you don't even remember that?" I roll my eyes.

"I was 13 or 14. I ignored everyone." she sighs once again.

"Oh.."

"So you and Crawford aren't actually dating, are you?"

"We really aren't. But I like him."

"I can tell. Max told me how you guys were making out on the couch." We laugh.

"Yeah.. We made out again at his house. He left hickeys. surprised you guys didn't notice."

"He did?" I burn out the joint.

"Yep." I sit back down.

"We should leave." It was 6 am already.

"Okay..."