Chapter 2

At 4pm the next day, Hannah was waiting around the corner from my house like we'd planned. My dad had come home from the pub last night drunk, but I stayed up in my room, and to my greatest relief, he didn't bother me all night. In the morning however, he used his terrible hangover and his unknown anger and hatred for me, and took it out on my arms, by dragging me and pushing me around like a ragdoll. He was giving me his usual lecture about how much of a disappointment I was, and how much of a "freak" I had become. I didn't retaliate to any of it, because I was too excited about the concert to let it worry me. He soon stopped however, and stalked back downstairs, his heavy footsteps echoing off of the wooden floors.

For the rest of that day, up until 4pm, I stayed up in my room, and just now, I had managed to sneak out, grabbing myself an apple on the way out, as I, again, hadn't eaten anything today. 

I was dressed again, in my leather leggings and a Black Veil Brides top and a black cardigan, and I had my black hair down and straight. I'd also done my makeup just like Andy's. All in all, my appearance today must have taken an hour and a half at least. 

I caught sight of Hannah round the corner, and smiled widely. When she saw me, she came walking over to me fast, and almost pounced on me. She was wearing some black skinny jeans and a Batman top, and her brown hair was down and straight. She'd made an effort with her makeup too, doing her usual eye makeup style, but adding a stitch up her right cheek just like Andy. 

"You look awesome!" I told her, pulling away from the hug. 

"So do you! Gorgeous, as always," she grinned, and then we started to walk into the direction of the local town center where the venue was. 

"Its so good to see you," I said as we came to a shortcut. We took it, and started walking down a rather long path. "What have you been up to?" I asked happily as we walked. 

"Not much really - I've been looking for a part-time job. Mom keeps bugging me to get one, because, well.. you know, she wants me to start being responsible and all that jazz," she laughed. "What about you, anyway? I can't believe how long it's been.." she said. 

"Well, dad's still an alchoholic. He's probably got worse since we last spoke actually. And... well, you know. The usual," I said, looking at my feet. 

She tutted, and then sighed. "Serena, it's not right. You need to report him. You can't keep living like this!" she exclaimed, a  worried frown on her face. 

I shook my head, not meeting her eyes. "It doesn't matter, Hannah. Look, you promised not to say anything. I confided in you, remember? So long as you kept it to yourself. So please... just.. dont," I finished with a sigh. "It's not as bad as it was, anyway.." I lied. 

I could tell she didn't believe me, however she didn't press on about it any further. "So - I can't wait for this!" she grinned with excitement, and I couldn't help but return the smile. 

"Neither can I - I've waited for this moment for so long," I responded. Just then, we came to a clearing at the end of the path to which there were streets lined with many different stores. We'd reached town in no more than about half an hour, and then began walking along the streets. I noticed a few people in Black Veil Brides t-shirts on their way to the venue. We turned another corner, and then I spotted it a little further down the street. I could see that there was already at least 30 people waiting, and I was happy to see that the line wasn't very big yet.

"We're here!" I said happily, feeling a few butterflies from the excitement. I bit into the apple I had brought with me, and Hannah and I took our place in the line. Here we were, surrounded by members of the Army, people I could relate to, and people that would accept me. IMany of them smiled at us as we took our place in the line, and I returned the smile, feeling more at home than I'd ever done before.