Chapter 7; Lael, London & Lamar

(Lael's POV)

I drove off with a weird feeling. Something was definitely off. I could feeling it in my stomach. About 10 minutes later I pulled up in my driveway. I got out and walked in the house. I saw my dad and brother on the couch both smoking blunts. I rolled my eyes. My father was quick to get on his case about doing something illegal but here he was smoking weed with him. I shook my head and proceeded down the hallway up the stairs until I got to my room. I still felt like something wasn't right. I shook off the felling and looked at the clock. 8:45. Guess I'll try to do my homework tonight. I went to my Betsy Johnson messenger bag to retrieve it. But I couldn't find it. Fuck. I then remember that all my shopping bags and homework and books were still in the car.

I throw on a TI$A hoodie grabbed my pair of J's and walked outside to my brothers car. I open the drivers door I reached for my books when something caught my eye. I saw Pairs' phone on the floor of the car. I ran inside.

"Lamar, Paris forgot her phone in your car. I'm about go take it to her. Is that cool?"

"Who the fuck is Paris?" He asked with extremely low eyes. I rolled mine

"The girl that came over today." i said with hella attitude.

"Oh, yeah that's cool."

"Thanks" I mumbled. I grabbed his keys and ran out the door. I started the car and sped down the street. As I got closer to her house I saw red and white flashing lights. "Oh shit" I mumbled as a slowed down. I saw that they were at Paris' house I cut the car off. I ran up to the house I saw her mom crying and London hugging her. It felt like my heart stopped I walked up to them. I swallowed before talking.

"What happened?" I asked with my voice cracking. He looked at me. I saw Paris on a stretcher. I ran over to her.

"What happened?!" I screamed at the top off my lungs.

"Ma'am I going to ask you to back up" The white 30-something year old women said.

"Bitch, fuck you, that's my muthafuckin best friend." I said angrily. All the ghetto, nosey ass neighbors were starring at me the as the lady walked away. I felt my knees go weak watched them hook Paris up to different machines. I fell down crying. I honestly can't believe I was crying over a girl that I met two damn days ago. But that didn't stop my from crying. Shit we had a connection. I mean I was strictly dickily. But I can honestly say she's my best friend.

I kept whaling for about 2 more minutes until I felt arms picked me up I looked up at my brother who had a sad expression on his face. I started to kick and tell him to put me down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Lamar's POV)

I didn't let my sister go. She continued to kick. I held her until she calmed down. I haven't seen her like this since my dad told her my mom wasn't coming back. I felt someone placed their hand on my shoulder. I looked up.

"She can come if she wants" A lady said who looked just like Paris. I nodded and she walked to the ambulance and got in. I picked Lael up and put her in my car. I had drove my dad's car over here.

"Are you good to drive?" I ask

"Yeah" She said dryly. She drove away and I hopped in my dad's all black Audi A8. Like father like son I guess. It took about fifteen minutes to the hospital. I cussed under my breath. I fucking hated this hospital when I was two my mom as pregnant with twins girls. But the other didn't make. Shit that was the first time and only time I seen my dad cry.

I walked up to the front desk surprisingly there wasn't a ghetto loud mouth girl on the phone.

"Hello welcome to Grady Hospital, how may I help you?" She said with a smirk on her face. I mean she was bad as hell. Any other time I would try to get at her. But this was not the time. Lael rolled her eyes. I swear one day their going to get stuck.

"Can you tell me what room Paris Patterson is in?" Lael said

"Sure" She typed some shit in the computer.

"Room 510."

"Thanks" we mumble at the same time. We started to walk off but she grabbed my hand and handed me a piece of torn paper.

"If you need anything give me call." I nodded and walked away. I saw a trash can and throw that shit away.

We got on the elevator and got off at the 5th floor. Were there was a waiting room. I saw London with his head and his hands and their mom crying silently. Lael frowned and went to hug her. I sat by London. I was looking around. I hated hospitals with a passion. It reminded me of my mom. Back In LA I lost my best friend in a drive-by. He died at the hospital. I shook off the memories.

About twenty minutes later a Doctor came out everybody jumped up. I saw Monae get up too. I thought they didn't like each other.

"The family of Paris Patterson?"

"Yes, over here" Her mom shouted.

"Paris overdosed on pain relievers. We had to pump her stomach. She's sleep right now she needs lots of rest. Any questions?"

"Can I spend the night with her?" He mom asked

"Yes that'll be fine." He replied

Her mom grabbed Lael hand and they were off.

"How the hell she gonna take her?" Monae causing everybody to glare at her. She looked at me and smiled but I didn't simile back.

"How the hell could you be concerned about that when my sister almost fucking died." London said coldly. His voice was like ice. Monae just rolled her eyes. "Whatever." she mumbled. London shook his head and got up. I followed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(London's POV)

Why the fuck would my sister try to kill her self? I mean, yeah her life isn't peaches and cream but damn is it that damn bad?