Chapter 1

Authors notes; I do NOT own any of these characters from the hunger games. I own nothing; I am just a fellow fangirl.

Katniss;

I sat on my bed, alone in the victors village. Haymitch hadn't even visited once, probably stuck in a drunken stooper like he always seemed to be.

I looked at myself in the mirror, surprised I hadn't gone insane yet. I tugged a brush through my horribly tangled hair, hating the way I looked. Hating my face. Hating myself.

I tugged so hard that pain rippled over my scalp, pulling hair out. But I didn't care. I continued to brush until it was decent enough to be seen, tears spilling from my eyes.

I continued to look at myself in the mirror for a while, then pushed out of the bathroom and went down to the living room and sat on a chair.

"Katniss."

No. I clutched my hands to my ears, leaning forward and burring my face in my knees.

"Katniss, you were right there!" Prim cried to me. "Why didn't you save me?!"

"You're not real!" I yelled.

Did I say I wasn't insane? Maybe I was.

"You failed me, Katniss..." Her voice filled with pain. Even though I knew it wasn't real, tears spilled down my cheeks as a pain clutched in my heart.

My mother had left, staying at a hospital so she could help. She refused to even think about Prims death. She refused to even set a foot in this house.

I was alone in this world. Alone, my nightmares my only companions.

Peeta was being held at the Capitol until he was deemed fit to be around people again, but I'm sure they wouldn't send him back here to where I was.

But none the less I peered out my window, waiting. I felt pathetic. Knowing I was useless. Once I was the great mockingjay. The icon to our future. And now I was cast away as if nothing had ever happened.

After Prim had died, I refused to even look at Gale. He reminded me of the fact that he had helped in her death. Maybe it wasn't his intentions at the time, but he helped create it; he helped them kill her.

"Little duck..." I said quietly, turning to look at our empty house. Our. I scoffed. Mine.

____________________________

Oh, but this is only the beginning 😏😏😏😏