Chapter 2

So... Thoughts? How about some votes and  comments

********

Chapter 2

(Lauren's POV)

"Lauren are you up?"

I heard Lily just as she stepped into the tent with me. I would have known it was her even if she didn't say a word. I recognized her step, her scent and even her breathing. I pushed myself up on my elbow and said

"Yeah, what's up? I figure since you and my brother just mated I wouldn't see either of you for a few days? Is everything okay?"

Lily laughed softly and I could tell from the sound of her laughter that it was pure. Lily was in love and was happier than a pig in crap. That made me wonder even more why she would have pulled herself away from her newly bonded mate to come and see me. Then again, Lily had the tenderest heart of anyone I knew. Perhaps she just wanted to make sure that I had everything I needed and that the pack was treating me decently.

"Well, I need a favor. Ryan's half brother. Hmm, I mean... Yours and Ryan's half-brother was injured earlier tonight. Hmm.. Yeah he was attacked by a vampire before or something before we even came here tonight. Ryan said the vampire took off with him through the woods. Uh... Anyhow Um... I was thinking. You are the best tracker and um... well, I was hoping that maybe you could help Ryan find him."

I could tell Lily wasn't finished talking, and it wasn't in my nature to interrupt but just this once I couldn't stop myself. I blurted out my thoughts

"Oh Lily, I would love to help find my other brother. Please tell Ryan that I will be ready and waiting outside in five minutes. No make that two minutes. Oh heck, who I am fooling. I don't need any time. I can shift and be ready right now. "

Then without even letting Lily say another word the air around me crackled and I shifted into my soft brown wolf. Then I nudged Lily with my snout so she would get Ryan and we could head out.

I picked up Lucas's scent from the T-shirt Ryan let me smell and immediately was able to find his scent in the air. I took off at my top speed and yipped loudly for Ryan and Lily to catch back up with me. We traveled for a few miles and I started to get a hunch on exactly where the vampire took my brother Lucas. Based on the direction and the strength of Lucas's and the vampires scent in the air I even knew it was only a few hours ago that they passed right by this very tree. My nose was better than the average wolf, and I knew every single inch of the woods. It was clear to me that the vampire was taking Lucas to an old mansion that sat just outside of the Coleridge pack territory.

I watched Ryan and Lily bound over a downed tree and come to a dead stop. Their ears both dropped back and both of them bared their teeth at the same time and started to growl. I slowly turned my head and caught the scent of another wolf moving in our direction. I cautiously moved back towards my alpha and his mate. My body hovered low to the ground. The closer the unknown wolf got the more my fear and trepidation kicked in, and I couldn't help but whimper.

I watched as huge wolf broke through the foliage and stopped right in front of my alpha pair. It was clear from his size and demeanor he was also an alpha wolf. I almost wet myself with fear of what was going to happen next. What if he killed my brother and Lily? Then I realized it must be my other brother Rob, Ryan's twin brother. Their scents were so similar and aside from the patches of black on their ears being the exact opposites they were identical in size, shape and coloring.

Then, to my surprise the air around both Ryan and the unknown alpha shimmered as they both shifted back into their human forms. Now, I knew beyond a doubt that the new wolf was in fact my other brother Rob. I watched them as they started talking. I thought of meeting yet another brother filled me with joy. I was so filled with I started to get the jitters.