Chapter 1 - Savior

When I opened my eyes they hurt a lot because of a bright white light that was right above me so I closed them again. I heard a steady beeping, and curious as to what it is opened my eyes again slowly, giving them time to adjust to the change of light. When my eyes where fully open I sat up and looked around what seemed to be a hospital room.

My brain clicked everything together and I remembered everything, until the point when I passed out. How I was not dead I don’t know but I was seriously confused. 

The door opened and In came in yesterday’s cute guy. Startled I blurted out the first thing that came into my mind. “What are you doing here?” I asked Dallas. “Well, since you decided you didn’t want to grace the world with your presence I saved you and brought you here to check you out.” Then he thought about what he said, “Not that way” He said, his face coloring in a cute soft pink. We bought chuckled softly at that.

I looked down and saw I was not in my clothes but a pink shirt and khaki mid-thigh shorts. “Who dressed me?” I asked Dallas. “Oh that was a nurse, I had my brother bring some cloths off a store” He said, calming my nerves.

“Why?” Dallas asked. “Why what?” “Why decide to take your life away?” He repeated. “I-It's complicated” I told him, hanging my head in shame. “Will you tell me?” He asked, waiting on his chair for my answer. “Maybe later” I said back and he nodded, seemingly satisfied with that answer. 

Then the door opened again and a doctor came in, he was very tall with dark, long hair and clear eyes. Those eyes reminded me of a certain someone besides me. In fact, most of him reminded me of him, his face, posture, body, etc... He had a 5 O'clock shadow to his chin and a strong jaw. “How are you feeling, love?” The doctor said, without taking his eyes from the paper in front of him. “I’m fine” I responded and he took a quick glance to me and turned his eyes back to the paper. 

“Well, seems like the only thing you may have now is a trauma, you will be able to leave the hospital in about half an hour” He said and moved his head towards Dallas. “Well, lil’ bro I’ll leave you here with her but take care she might still be a little dazed, see you at home” He turned back to me, tipped his nonexistent hat towards me and left.

“He’s your brother?” I asked Dallas. “Yes. He’s about 25, graduated early” He said rolling his eyes. “Well, how about we go to check out?” He asked me standing up and holding his hand mid-air towards me. I hesitantly grabbed it and helped myself up in standing position which gave me a look into the mirror. 

I was horrified, my hair was all over the place my mascara was almost dripping down my face. I looked like the joker, from batman. “Oh, God, how much time have I been asleep?” I asked Dallas. “About half the day I would guess?” He told me, shrugging his shoulders. 

We walked through the hospital with a lot of angry and sad looking people. When we got to the front desk Dallas talked to the woman who was openly flirting with him, and the funny thing is that he didn’t even notice.

You would think that because Dallas was so good looking he would have an ego so big he wouldn’t be able to cross the door, but he seemed nice enough. We walked out of the big building. “Would you like to have a coffee and you can tell me your reason?” He asked. I thought it over and agreed, not like I had anything else to do anyway.